Answered

Is there a way to move a Board from one Team to another Team?

• 23 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Just started using Miro last month and I’m a big fan! We’ve been very impressed with the system and have loved using it. 

I’m on a Consultant account with a number of different teams. As we’ve learned and increased our usage, we’re changing how we organize things. I’m wondering if it’s possible to move boards within one Team (and Project) to an entirely different Team (and Project)? 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Jonathan Strahl 5 April 2023, 12:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jason Kehrer 

The simplest approach would be to backup the board to an external RTB file and then restore it into the destination Team. It will land in the “All Boards” view (i.e. not associate with a project) so you would then need to move it into the appropriate project.

Please note that if you are leveraging any add-in apps in the board, you need to manually add those to each new Team.

Kiron

Why is there an option in the permissions of each team which says….

Moving boards to other teams

Only board owners can move boards.

Allowed

Not allowed

Yet, I’m an owner of a board and can’t see an option to move to another team which I’m part of. I’m also an admin. 

This is an enterprise set-up.

Thanks

Just started using Miro last month and I’m a big fan! We’ve been very impressed with the system and have loved using it. 

I’m on a Consultant account with a number of different teams. As we’ve learned and increased our usage, we’re changing how we organize things. I’m wondering if it’s possible to move boards within one Team (and Project) to an entirely different Team (and Project)? 

Thanks in advance!

WARNING! This is out of date. 

This is now very simple. In the Miro dashboard simply right click (or select the ‘…’ area) to get options for a board. There is an option ‘→ Move to team’. Select this option, find the team where you want to move the board in the list, select the team. Done. However, it will not be in a project. To move it to a project, it is very similar; in the dashboard for the new team, find the board, in the options menu find → Move to project and select the project. Much easier than the previous answer :)

Thank you @Jonathan Strahl !

This does not work for me, unfortunately as there is no such option