Answered

Is it possible to become a member of 2 free teams?

• 10 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, I recently joined a project that is using Miro so they invited me using my email, now I’m a member of the team. 

I would like to ask if it’s possible to create another team - “my team” and have 3 new free boards while still being a member of the other team I joined?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Andrea de Wattignar 22 May 2020, 09:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Edward P. Legaspi,

yes you can be a member in other free team boards.

Michael

Hi @mlanders, but how do you do that? It seems like I’m locked with the team who invited me and I’m unable to create a new one. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi,

you have to logout from your account and create a new (free) one - or you create a new account with an other browser.

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Edward P. Legaspi -

I don’t know that it is possible to do that with a single free account - you’d likely need to have a separate company account with another free plan to be able to do that. 

Of course, if you were on the Consultant (paid) plan, you could have multiple teams defined and be able to create boards within all the teams you had access to.

Kiron

Hi @mlanders,

Then that would mean that I’ll be using 2 accounts or emails? And that’s what I’m trying to avoid if possible.

@Kiron Bondale, I see it’s a limitation then and a part of Miro’s pricing strategy. Thanks. I think this indeed is the case.

Userlevel 2

@Edward P. Legaspi I went through this exact exercise myself and am now a member of 4 different Teams on the free account, including a Team I created. You do indeed need to cease being a member of all of the other Teams first - basically make yourself ‘teamless’ before you can create your own new Team. Then you can ask the Owner(s) of the other Teams to re-invite you again to be a member of those Teams. 

Hi @Andrea de Wattignar, that’s basically what I did but rather than leaving the existing groups, I created a new group using another email I own and invite my main account.

Thanks for the help :-)

Cheers!