Iconfinder has far fewer icons. Anyone else experiencing this?

• 20 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I know iconfinder was down for a while and now it’s back up. But if I recall correctly, the search function used to bring up lots of options for almost anything I entered. Now, half the searches come back with nothing. When I do get a hit, there seem to be far fewer options.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Marina 3 years ago

Hi there,

The team told me that there are a couple of limitations after the latest update: we removed premium icons with a watermark and icons below a certain size.

@Nicholas Brown, just to make sure we are on the same page, could you please write a couple of searches that come back with nothing?

View original

7 replies

Same here...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have suspected all along that Iconfinder went offline due to contract negotiations. Perhaps now Miro is even on a lower tier plan with Iconfinder - again, all speculation from an outsider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

The team told me that there are a couple of limitations after the latest update: we removed premium icons with a watermark and icons below a certain size.

@Nicholas Brown, just to make sure we are on the same page, could you please write a couple of searches that come back with nothing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi together,

as a enthusiast user of the iconfinder library I can recommend to use:

https://www.flaticon.com/

But please check the licence of the icons - often you have the name the creator but the number of the icons and quality are …. whooooohooooo

:astonished:

Userlevel 2

Same here.  There are a large number of icons we use on our boards that are no longer available in IconFinder (e.g. search “users” or “people”, and icons are dramatically different and/or missing).  In fact, it looks like the “new” icons are more three-dimensional and modern.  I’d like to know where the old ones went, as our existing boards are now inconsistent with the new icons.

Hi

I’m from Iconfinder and this conversation popped up on my radar. We have an increasing number of icons - actually 5,000,000 and increasing this number every day. If you are experiencing less results, it’s most likely due to filtering when doing API calls (as Marina wrote above). We’ll be happy to find a better solution together with Miro. I’ve pinged them about this.

Same here.  There are a large number of icons we use on our boards that are no longer available in IconFinder (e.g. search “users” or “people”, and icons are dramatically different and/or missing).  In fact, it looks like the “new” icons are more three-dimensional and modern.  I’d like to know where the old ones went, as our existing boards are now inconsistent with the new icons.

Hi Steve.

Can you please show some examples of icons that are no longer available?