Answered

How to set start view?

• 11 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

Good morning. In the past I have set the frame that a collaborator will go to when a Miro board I own is opened. I cannot remember how to do this and for the life of me cannot find it in the help.  Can someone help me figure this out?  

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 11 May 2020, 14:45

View original

9 replies

This seems to have changed. Any updates to new location of this button?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Cameron Parker - From the options you are showing, perhaps you have been added to that board as a Guest (not even a team member). When I add one of my accounts as a Guest, I see the same:

When I look at a board’s Board settings as a non-board owner team member, I see:

Which is nearly the same as the board owner (owner can also delete):

if you use the copy link option from a frame then it will create a link like this…

https://miro.com/app/board/*****/?moveToWidget=3074457358139238724&cot=14

You can then give this link to the participants of a meeting and the link will jump straight to the frame.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@minebe - You can find the "set start view" action by either right-clicking on a blank spot on the board or from the board settings (gear icon at top-left of Miro board, Board, set start view).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joseph Miller -

I think you are referring to the Set Start View option in the Settings menu for the board:

Badge

Thank you!  Exactly what I was looking for.

@minebe - You can find the "set start view" action by either right-clicking on a blank spot on the board or from the board settings (gear icon at top-left of Miro board, Board, set start view).

I couldnt see it in the settings, but found it via the right-click menu from an empty place in the canvas, so thank you :-)

Settings Menu
Right-click Menu

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I couldnt see it in the settings, but found it via the right-click menu from an empty place in the canvas, so thank you :-)

Settings Menu
Right-click Menu

@Cameron Parker - Under settings, it should be in "Board".

@Cameron Parker - Under settings, it should be in "Board".

@Robert Johnson thanks for your quick reply! I can’t see it there either. I’m not the board owner, so maybe that has an impact?