Answered

How to pin a comment inside a table?

• 10 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have created a table to summarise four different stories.  I want people to be able to pin comments to the text within the table cells, but it seems that comments cannot be pinned in this way as when the table resizes ( additional taxt is added in a cell which makes that row expand, all the rows below move down, but any comments (that were made about the content of the cells that have moved) do not move - so now appear in odd places!

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 10 July 2020, 14:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nic Parham -

Assuming by table you mean a grid, why not drop cards or sticky notes into the cells to capture the stories and then you should be able to associate comments with those which will stay with the associated shapes?

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Yes, I meant a grid (am very new to Miro).

At your suggestion I tried a card, although I found it very clumsy  - it didn’t display all my text and kept trying to resize itself automatically.  The sticky notes were easier, but I fear the grid will become unreadable with hundreds of notes. I also presume it will not be possible to copy and paste them all at once into a text editor or word document when I come to write it up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nic Parham -

When you need to dump them out, you can use the export to CSV function - each sticky note or card will be a separate row in the CSV file.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Thanks Kiron.

Userlevel 1

This inability to pin a comment to text inside a grid seems a flaw: all my collaborators intuitively made comments in the grid - only for the comments to ‘float’ independent of the text when the grid resizes or new text is added - and then been frustrated.

I agree - the inability to pin comments inside a grid is a problem. Comments are used so that there can be a thread of conversation which cards and stickies don’t really enable. Please think about providing this functionality.