Answered

How to leave an unknown board

• 22 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone,

So I have this weird thing happening to me. I am on Free plan and have 1 board with my student. Some time ago some unknown board has appeared on my dash. I can’t edit it or leave it - actually there are only 3 options - make it private, copy the link and open it in the new tab. It clearly belongs to some other people who are doing some IT stuff but I have no means to contact them and ask them to remove me from there. Moreover, I created 1 one more board for myself and now Miro is telling me that I am over boards limit. It is rather frustrating. Does anyone have a solution to such a problem?

icon

Best answer by Marina 25 March 2020, 16:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey, @Ekaterina Belova:hand_splayed_tone2:
Let me give you some context. Boards on the Free plan are available to all team members by default. All invited users are automatically added to your team and get access to all boards. This is why you don’t have an option to leave the board.

Also, on the Free plan, all team members can create their own boards. And only board owners can delete a board.

Just in case, you can always check who is on your team in the Settings > Active Users.

Hope that helps!

This does not resolve the issue. I have the same problem. I do not want to be part of an unknown board, but I can’t seem to remove it.

SIMPLE ANSWER: If you have no option to delete or leave the board then you’re not the owner. You need to know who’s the owner by clicking board details and check who’s the leader and then try to ask him to delete this board or try to kick you out.

For further inquiries:
ahmedsamer062@gmail.com
WhatsApp: 00201286651628
Facebook: Ahmed Samir | Facebook

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ahmed Samer -  As Miro is constantly changing, there is no simple answer. Users should now always have at least one option to leave a board they have been added to and which resides in a team to which they are not a member of.

As of this post, I went into my Consultant Plan and added a Free Plan user at the board level as a viewer:

Now that user will have a new team show up in their dashboard, along with this one board. The user will not have access to the board details and therefore they will not be able to see who the board owner is. They will, however, be able to leave the board (thus removing the team from their dashboard) by using one of the following methods:

1.  The Leave board option from the dashboard:
  2. The Leave team option from the team profile page:
  3. And if the Board Content Settings are set to Anyone with the board access, they will be able to click on the board title while on the board and select Leave:

Those are the three ways in which a user can leave a board that resides in a team in which they are not a member of.

To demonstrate this, I have created a new team, then a board, and added @Ahmed Samer to the board. @Ahmed Samer, you should now see this team and board in your dashboard and can leave it, but will not be able to see the board details/owner info.

Hello

This is one of the boards in my MIRO that contributes to exceeding my free plan’s limit on my personal account

It’s completely blank

I don’t have an option to leave the board

I have no idea who “hoho” is and no way to find out

What do I do?

I hope there is a simple solution, this is a very frustrating situation

Thanks in advance, have a nice day

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yann ROIRAND - All team members in a Free Plan board can see all boards in the plan. "hoho" is a member of the team.

If you are the person who created this Free Plan team then you will have the Team Admin role and can delete "hoho" from the team - as long as you didn't grant another member Team Admin privileges along the way and they then demoted you to the role of Member.

Go to team profile settings (the button with the gear icon at the top-left of your dashboard), and then Active users and delete anyone who should not be a member of your team. When you do this, you will become the owner of all of their boards and can delete the boards.

That did the trick

I am now down to 3 useful / used boards only on MIRO

I’m fully in control of my account again - yay!

Thanks for your time, have a nice day :-)