How to drop mp4 video to miro board?

• 26 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

I do a lot of screen capturing for art direction purposes and want to quickly drop my short 2-10 sec video to the board. My screencapture tool(ShareX) records in mp4 (can be any format) and automatically uploads it to dropbox. When I try to upload it to Miro from dropbox or just by link - it does not work. I have to reupload it to corporate youtube under my google account, make this video private, what until is is converted.. and only then try to embed it to Miro..

Is there a good straightforward way to drop videos to the board?

I mean I can start dropbbing 800mb gifs but i’m sure Miro server wont like it. Please allow to embed vids from a link (not upload it but embed)

6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @Alexander Vinogradov,

You can definitely pitch this topic in the Developer Forum if you need help from other developers. 

I want to understand the possibility before investing time into that matter. That's why I asked that questions in a previous post. If you could consult with your dev team and come back with an answer - it would be great.

Userlevel 2

Also, I can not embed video player from team or personal google drive. But it is definitely the same player as Youtube which you support.

I use Grain.co… Upload the video to grain, then generate a link from Grain and paste the link into a Miro board.  It will generate an embedded video seamlessly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Alexander Vinogradov 

till now it is not possible to integrate this.

Just look into the Wishlist and see if someone has set it on the list - and if not feel free to create a new wish:

https://community.miro.com/welcome-guide-14/wish-list-everything-you-need-to-know-1099

Michael

Userlevel 2

@Alexander Vinogradov

till now it is not possible to integrate this.

Just look into the Wishlist and see if someone has set it on the list - and if not feel free to create a new wish:

https://community.miro.com/welcome-guide-14/wish-list-everything-you-need-to-know-1099

Michael

We have the capabilities of developing our own code for that. Is there a way to create a custom type of widget like youtube one?
1. displays static image with play button
2. when clicked loads HTML frame with player.

Or is there any type of integration with any corporate video services? YouTube and Vimeo are not corporate for ex.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Alexander Vinogradov,

You can definitely pitch this topic in the Developer Forum if you need help from other developers.