Answered

How to create semi-circles?

Userlevel 1

Hi all, 

I’m struggling with creating semi-circle shapes? Grateful for any tips!

Thanks, 

dariha

icon

Best answer by Rahil Ahmed 31 July 2020, 14:10

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2

Good question.
Even i faced this problem. 
Actually, semicircle should have been incorporated into Basic shapes but it is not unfortunately.

However, i used a workaround. 

1. I added Iconfinder app to my left panel tools. 
  2. searched for semicircle using the search box 
  3. selected and added it to my board.

As I said, It is not an elegant solution, but it works. 

Userlevel 1

Great, thank you very much Rahil!

semicircle doesn’t give me any useful results in iconfinder. Really should add semicircle to the default shapes. I created a semicircle svg in Inkscape, then coloured it (actually I needed a circle with each half a different colour) and matched it to that within miro.

As of now, Semicircles or shapes as seen in the top answer are not available for me, when I am replicating the steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Phil V and @Martin Wagner  - we’re working to bring some innovative solutions to this thread to solve this challenge. Standby. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Would this help?

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Said Saddouk - let’s see! 

I think the key here might be keywords in Iconfinder:  "circle half" and not "semi-circle" which is not returning good results in iconfinder, yes?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Said Saddouk - let’s see! 

I think the key here might be keywords in Iconfinder:  "circle half" and not "semi-circle" which is not returning good results in iconfinder, yes?

I guess the Iconfinder looks for the name of the png/icon. In this example if it doesn’t have the word “semicircle” in it, it won’t be shown in the results.
I usualy search for one (!) generic keyword and scroll through all the results until I find the one, that matches my needs. Not really convinient, But works most of the time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

One addition: You could take any full circle from the iconfinder and crop it ;)

One addition: You could take any full circle from the iconfinder and crop it ;)

Yes, it does help to search for “Circle Half”!

Thanks to all of your input, i took it a step further and you can draw a normal circle shape, save it as image, paste it to the board and crop it to the size you want. Doing it like this offers you the solution to have it the same size and color as your drawn shapes (and not pasted shapes from iconfinder - eventhoug they are still just .png).

@Phil V and @Martin Wagner  - we’re working to bring some innovative solutions to this thread to solve this challenge. Standby. 

@Colleen Curtis Since your post was a year ago, any update on native tools to provide this level of shape manipulation?