Answered

How do I move a group of post-its together

• 15 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi I’m new to Miro and totally in love. 

I’m mapping out interviews using the post it function and I would love to find an easy way to move a group of post its around the board, instead of having to move them 1 by 1.

Any tips?

Thanks

Karen

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 15 October 2020, 18:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Karen - You can use Shift + drag to select a bunch of objects at once and then click and drag to move them. If you want to keep them all together, you can Group them too (Ctrl + G shortcut):

Move on grouping here → Structuring Board Content

And another hep center article → Shortcuts and Hotkeys

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

One more for you…

If you like symmetry, use the Auto Layout feature to quickly align a group of objects:

Hello,

during the workshop, we use multiple boards full of post-its. It is were exhausting moving post-its one by one when clustering them into topics. Moving multiple post-its in once does not make any sense...is there any feature to “stick” all the postits to a side bar, move to another “working board” and place post its one by one without the need moving all the way back to the previous board?

Thanks,

Lucie

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lucie -

Not sure that I fully understand the ask, but you can easily select a bunch of sticky notes by selecting an area in which they are located, use the filtering options to only pick the sticky notes, and then Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V to copy & paste them from the original board to a separate board.

Kiron