Question

How do I join another team with my organisation's domain?

• 23 October 2020
  • 5 replies

When first joining I was given a number of different teams to join. I have joined the wrong one and would like to join another. I can see how to leave the existing team I am in but then the only option seems to be to create a new team which is not what I want to do. I want to search and join an existing team. How do I do this?

5 replies

When I signed up to Miro, along the process of creating my new account, Miro alerted me to the fact there there were existing Miro users within my organisation and would I like to join their boards (or projects or teams, I forget which). At the time I declined but now, how can I find them again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jason Ayton @Lynden Swift - I am unaware of a way to initiate that ‘team discovery’ process once you have already completed the sign up process. If there is another team in your organization who is using Miro and that you need to collaborate with, you can always ask someone on that team to invite you to their team

I can’t say how they have set up their team’s Permissions, so it may need to be a team admin, but someone who is knowledgeable of Miro on that team should be able to figure it out. If not, then can always ask here on this community :smiley: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jason Ayton @Lynden Swift,

At the moment, this functionality is available on the Enterprise plan. But please stay tuned, we are working on teams’ discoverability for other plans too. 

Hi @Marina - I am not finding any way to search for a Team I am looking to join within the domain. There is a list of teams to scroll through and they are not alphabetical, making it challenging to find. Does this search feature exist?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Christopher Chambers,

Alyona from the Miro Support team is stepping in for a moment 👋

I'm afraid the search functionality was not introduced for the list of discoverable teams. You rightfully noticed that the teams aren't listed in alphabetical order. Instead, you see the teams with the highest number of members first. The reasoning is that we expect such teams to be the most relevant to you. 

Feel free to submit an idea to add the search functionality to our Wish List.