Answered

How do I change which boards are inactive?

• 30 June 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a free plan, which includes three active boards for my team.  I want to change which of the boards in our workspace are the active ones, but I can’t seem to do that.  How do I change the status so the board I don’t need any longer is the inactive one?  It was created by another user in my workspace who is just a member, not an admin, but that board is being set as active instead of one I created as an admin.

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 30 June 2020, 22:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Julie Peppers -

Unfortunately you may not be able to change the status of that board as its owner is another active Miro user - can you ask them to deactivate (or better yet delete) it so that you can create another active one?

Kiron

I don’t understand why as an admin I can’t select which of the boards are active and which are not - I am an active user, and I created the other boards as well, so what is the driving factor in which boards are inactivated when a new board is created?  I’m able to create a new board, but the problem is it is causing the wrong one of the remaining boards to be set as inactive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Julie Peppers -

Unfortunately the Miro access model does not give Team or Company admins “super user” access to boards to do the kind of changes you are looking to make.

I’d suggest opening a support request here to see if the Miro support team can manually deactivate the correct board for you: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Thanks - I submitted a ticket.

As a follow-up, I submitted a support ticket, and the response was that support can’t change the active/inactive status of boards.  Shocking and disappointing.  The only option they provided was to make a copy of an inactive board to make that copy active, but depending on how often we would need to do that, we could end up with dozens of boards, when all I want is the ability to designate how each board in the space should be flagged, within the limit of three active boards.