Answered

How can I transfer the ownership of a board to an external guest and delete the board from my team?

• 23 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I want to make each board I own accessible to different groups of people, and I want to transfer the ownership of each board to one person from each group so that I can delete the boards from mine. How can I do this? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 23 May 2020, 16:11

View original

3 replies

This use case is still not supported.

As a consultant wanting to transferring ownership to a client, when each of us belong to a different Miro Enterprise Account, the option to make the client an board owner doesn’t appear to me.

It might be because my org admin might’ve disabled the ability for us to do that. If that’s the case, Miro could provide an ad-hoc way for Miro users (who aren’t admin of the Enterprise Account they belong to) to make the transfer, regardless of the need to climb the internal organisational ladder via emails/Slack, etc, which is a pain. We should be able to climb it through Miro, perhaps?

The only alternative is to:

1. make a copy of the board,
  2. download a backup file, and
  3. send to the client, ...

… so they can restore the file on their side (assuming the client has an Enterprise account).

But this solution solves the problem of client access to the board, but not the transfer of ownership: the board remains formally under the consultant’s ownership.

In the enterprise world, this can lead to intellectual property infringement.

I wrote about this use case in this other ticket

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Vitor Kneipp -

If the consultant deletes the original board and the client has restored the board from the backup, they would have the only active instance of it. For complete purposes, you could add in a “copyright” text box somewhere on the board which indicates who is the property owner…

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Yun Jae Lee -

The process for transferring board ownership is documented here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572194-Access-Rights-and-Board-Ownership

Kiron