Guest editor cannot see collaborators panel

• 15 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

We have a paid for team plan. I have given edit access to a guest who is external to our organisation as he is running a workshop for us. He can add stuff to the board that I have given him access to.

He cannot see the collaborators panel bottom left - so cannot set up voting/polls. As a guest editor should he be able to see the bottom left panel? What can we do to fix this?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sally T -

Can your guest facilitator also confirm whether he is using one of the supported browsers (e.g. Google Chrome or Safari) as Internet Explorer is not fully supported as per the following Help Center article: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572814-Supported-Browsers

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sally T - Something else to watch out for is that the navigation panel is expanded or not. I just tried my own link from a private/incognito browser window and by default it is collapsed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sally T - My first thoughts are this is a bug. If this person can edit the board, I believe they should be able to see the bottom-left panel. However, for clarification, how have you given this person edit access? From the board’s Share settings, did you:

1. Invite them to the board with Edit access (consuming a $3 Day Pass); or
  2. Turn on Anyone with the link Can edit Guest Editor access?

However, now that I think of it, you must have used option # 2 as the Team Plan does not appear to support Day Passes, but I wanted to be sure.

Example:

If you used option # 2 and this person is not seeing the bottom left panel, then I suggest you Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center ticket.

To test the option # 2, I have enabled Guest Editor access to a test board and sent you a private message on this forum where I included the board link so you can test to see if you see the bottom-left panel.