Grouping cards from different boards on one main board

• 29 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Good afternoon.
Tell me if there is an application that can group cards from different boards on one main board. As far as I understand, this can be implemented through api, but maybe there is a ready-made solution?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Vadim - I am not aware of any objects that can currently exist in two or more boards at the same time, being symbolically linked, using out-of-the-box functionality. However, I could be wrong and that's part of the reason I am on this forum: to learn what I don't know 😉

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have that exact requirement right now, that would be an absolutely amazing feature to have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This would be an interesting enhancement to work on. Perhaps you would copy an object as usual, but upon paste there would be an option to Paste as linked copy. And then so many considerations:

• When moving the object on one board would not move it anywhere else it exists.
  • Changing any attributes of an object (other than its location would update it everywhere.
  • But if you try to delete a linked object, are you prompted with the options of
    • Delete everywhere
    • Delete only this instance
  • And what if you want to see everywhere the object exists - is there an option in the objects Info pane?

@Vadim / @Paul Snedden  - One of you could add this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

This is exactly what I’m looking for! Was this added to the wish list? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Abigail Shofner - This one looks to be close:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/copy-objects-by-reference-instance-1008