Answered

Grid: can't select a single cell for editing

• 26 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Hello everybody,

Sometimes, while I am working on grids, I go into a modality in which I can only select the whole grid but, If i pass the mouse on the grid, the small grey icons on the sides of the grid do not appear.

Can you help me in understanding how to switch from a modelity to the other?

Thanks.

Alberto

icon

Best answer by Marina 28 July 2020, 13:50

View original

8 replies

I’m having the same issue. It worked several weeks ago but is now broken. Extremely frustrating! I think the issue is that I am unable to select a single cell. I can select the whole column, the whole row, or the whole table, but not a cell individually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alberto -

As long as you are hovering over the edge of the grid, you shouldn’t need to select it to get the grey “...” pop-up icons to show up - is that not working for you?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale I’m getting exactly the same issue as raised initially - I can only select the entire grid or a single cell for text editing.

None of the pop-up icons are appearing.

This seems to kick in at some point after creating a grid, because when the grid is new, all the pop-ups appear fine (I’ve tried now with more than one grid and it seems to be happening consistently).

Thanks in advance for any help

I think this is affected by how far you zoom in or out of a grid - if you are not getting pop-up icons, hover over the grid and zoom in until they appear.

Could someone at Miro confirm this please ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Adam Cook -

The zoom definitely seems to be a culprit - at 12% I get the grey “...” icons whereas at 10% I don’t…

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Sarah Wirth @Alberto @Adam Cook,

The team told me that this issue has been fixed. Could you please check? If it still persists, please create a support ticket via this form - https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=community.

Thank you!

Hey @Sarah Wirth @Alberto @Adam Cook,

The team told me that this issue has been fixed. Could you please check? If it still persists, please create a support ticket via this form - https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=community.

Thank you!

Yes, I confirm that the issue has been fixed and now the feature works well.

Thank you very much,

Alberto

Like @Kiron Bondale said before, there seems to be a problem with the zoom of tables. When the cells are big enough (or zoomed in enough), then I can select them separately (and I see the … and + icons around the table), but there’s a tipping point from which Miro only lets you select the entire table (without the icons).

First it was at 75%, but then I made the entire table smaller, but now the problem occurs around 129%. So it’s probably not the zoom level, but rather the size of cells/table/viewport which creates the problem?