Google Drive: folders within the shared drive do not show

• 21 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Saw this as another thread but the only results were “I solved it myself.”  

Anyone have answers to how they fixed it on their own? Figured it was Google Drive security setting but couldn’t find anything toggle on the Google Drive dash. 

Much appreciated - 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jamison - You didn’t give us much to go on was to what you are trying to accomplish, so I had to go search the forum for “drive” and “I solved it myself” and found this post:

https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/google-drive-folders-within-the-shared-drive-do-not-show-1492

It sounds like you are trying to add a Google Drive document to a board. The Google Drive import modal that opens is own by Google and is definitely lacking features.

In the past, I have it easier to just search for the file by name. Perhaps this approach will work for you:

If this doesn’t help or you were trying to do something else, please provide further details.

Is there a Feature Request that I could +1 related to improving the selection process of files on your GDrive?

While leveraging naming conventions can work, it only works when you know what file you’re looking for.  It would be far better if I could navigate my folders to find files rather than having a flat list of all files across my GDrive.

Right now, my only recourse is to open up GDrive, find the file I’m interested in, and then search for it via the Miro/GDrive dialog box.  That kind of defeats the purpose of the plug-in. :rage: