Funnel through Mail-adresses (SSO?) to not have guest-users

• 23 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Dear Miro Community:)

I am running a community on a SaaS called Hivebrite.
Users have to register with their Mailadress.
Via iframe I have integrated a big Miro board for everyone to work with. Thanks to the latest update users finally are able to directly edit the board within the iframe.
Right now every User who edits the Board is running as a guest-user within Miro.

Now... what would be GREAT:
Is there a possibility to use the login-mail of my platform to automatically create a Miro-user?
So when they comment within the board each author has its own identifier and not just “guest” (as it is right now)?

Best

Michael

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michael Mitschke,

Interesting use case! I’m not sure I know if it is possible to solve it the way you describe, so I’ve converted your message into a support ticket. The Support team will reply to you via email.

If anyone from the community had similar experience, please share your findings :slight_smile:  

Very kind of you @Marina !
So I should recieve an email I suppose?

Best Michael

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello Michael,

At the moment, it is not possible to create Miro users programmatically. The issue you are facing appear to be that the guest users are all identified as “guest”. We are aware of this problem and we are working on a solution for this that would let guest uses have their own identifiers. I cannot tell you exactly when this will be released, but it is being developed and will solve the problem of guest users having just a “guest” identifier.

Kind regards.

Daniela

Hello Daniela,

Thank you for this detailed answer! Love it;) And very nice to hear that it is in development.

Best

Michael