Answered

Follow Along in Presentation Mode

• 23 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey, 

I will host my first remote workshop with Miro tomorrow and was wondering if there is a kind of follow-along mode? 

what I mean is: I use presentation mode to show some stuff before we beginn to work with the board. 
Is there any way to do this without using screen share? 

Additionally is there a collect users function? So if I want people to focus on a special area at the board can I push everyone there to see it or do I need to rely ob facilitating them  move there? 

icon

Best answer by Steven 23 March 2020, 22:34

View original

5 replies

Hi Manuel,

Give “screen sharing” a try, it might offer what you are looking for:

Screen Sharing gives you an opportunity to take the stage and present the board to other Participants. 

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730853-Screen-Sharing

Userlevel 4

@Manuel Grassler did you use that feature? Did it work as intended?

Related, @Kate Ivanova is looking into exactly this user story. She sent me a short survey; maybe I could share it here?

Userlevel 1

I did and it worked ok. Basically the hard thing was explaining everyone where to click on Join. 

I would prefer as a facilitating host to have the option of “Gather all people” So they are immediately forced to join and give them the option to unjoin. Probably force them with a timer. 

e.g. I as a facilitator need to show something so I announce that I will start screensharing and then hit share my screen. A 1 min. timer starts for all participants to give them time to adjust and not break their current task immediately. After the 1 min. all are joined automatically with the possibility to unjoin if necessary. Same would go for Video chat as well. 

Does that help as a feedback?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Manuel Grassler,

We’ve just released a set of attention management features. Do they work for your use case? 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Marina

I saw that feature on Wednesday haven’t tried it yet but as I understand it is a great addition to the flow and functionality of Miro. I highly welcome that addition and am sure that it will streamline my work as a facilitator so much. 

Thanks for incorporating it.