Finding the right plan

• 22 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi there! Like so many others I am confused about the different pricing models.

I work for a IT consulting company. We would like to start to use Miro for workshops with our clients. Normally, there will be two consultants in one workshop and several people from the client.

If we think about using the business plan, does it mean we need at least to buy 20 licenses?

Does team member mean that you can create boards, whereas guest editors can only work on the already created boards?

Thanks

Ines

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ines Weigel -

How long (in days) would the client staff need to work with your consultants in Miro? In general, if you have multiple clients, the Consultant plan might be the best choice as you can create different teams to segregate your clients from one another.

Team members are able to create boards if they have full access. Anonymous guest editors are restricted to just the boards they have been given access to.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

The client staff just a couple of days, perhaps even less.

But what about us consultants. Would we share one user to prepare for the different workshops? As the max team size is 2.

Thanks

Ines

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ines Weigel -

I’d recommend having individual subscriptions by consultant rather than sharing the same account as otherwise when you are running the workshops it will get a bit confusing to tell “who is who”.

For the client participants since you are looking at only 1-2 days, you could use the strategy we have which is to get as many full user subscriptions as would be needed to support the number of concurrent workshops you’d run. So for example, if you will never have more than 3 concurrent workshops with a couple of participants in each, then you’d have six users for the clients and six users for your consultant staff (assuming two per workshop). Over the course of a month, you can switch the “real human” associated with a user account.

This tends to be a cheaper strategy than using a lot of day passes which are good when you have an occasional need once or twice a month to add a participant.

Kiron

Hi,

I’m hoping you can help me out with this. I am an internal Lean Consultant. Up till now I have been working on the free plan but I need more boards. I give a lot of internal training. For this, I need several boards and each training the participants need edit access to the boards. Every training there are different participants.

Besides that, I also do Kaizens (improvement projects) with different people (different team per Kaizen) where the Kaizen members need edit acces to the specific board. 

Which plan would then work best for me if I need/want to keep it budget friendly and putting the entire company on a paid plan is not an option for now? 

I looked into the different plans but it almost seems that except for being able to create more boards I go backwards by upgrading…. 

Thx for the advice!

Sofie

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sofie Vertenten -

there are a number of other features available on paid plans which are not available on the free ones so it is definitely more than having more boards.

Having said that, depending on how sensitive the content is, and how long the internal training classes are, you could use the anonymous guest editor access for participants. This would be at no cost, but you couldn’t see the “real names” for the participants on the Miro board and if they shared the URL with others, you couldn’t control who had access. These were two reasons we didn’t do it as we do external training.

On our consultant plan (billed monthly) we do the following for our 1-3 day classes. As we have multiple classes in a month and multiple instructors, we get a fixed number of full user licenses equal to the maximum concurrent daily number of users. Then, we switch the full user licenses between different classes of students over the month. And as we are billed monthly, we only have to pay based on the volume of teaching we do.

Kiron