Answered

Exporting/Saving to Google Drive

• 28 September 2020
  • 3 replies

When I export boards to Google Drive and then go to open them, I get this message from Google Drive. If I then click the “suggested third-party app” (RealtimeBoard), it takes me to the Miro site, but then tells me “something went wrong” and that Miro "couldn’t authorize my Google Drive.” 

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 28 September 2020, 16:43

View original

3 replies

(This occurs after I have granted the permissions...)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ryan Wagner - I just went through this last week. After the second or third time I tried, it did finally open the board. However, it should be noted that this is all rather misleading when you read the Board Export help article as this does not export the board and its data - it just basically makes a link in your Google Drive that will open the board in Miro!

The full article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572754-Board-Export#h_52fb8e45-e7cc-4496-9690-1d966502cb67

In my opinion, this is a useless feature and should not be an option under “export”. Honestly, I can’t even think of a use case for this. If someone can, please let us all know here.

@Robert Johnson Ah, I see that now...It would definitely have been a handy feature and a great workaround to avoid having to export the data the way I do now…

Thanks for the info.