Everything deleted in our board after login mobile app

• 19 September 2020
  • 14 replies

I did not erase absolutely anything, everything on our board was erased. This happened after logging into the mobile app on Android. We had very important data and unfortunately we did not export the board. The incident took place within 1 hour. Sorry, I couldn't find a place to email the support team. You need to bring back our board named as Quick Cloud.

14 replies

A similar thing happened to me just now. I can’t trace how it happened, but I just logged in and although my board was there, everything in it was deleted. If you find a way to get back the items, let us know please. 

Hi, I just logged into my account to find everything deleted inside my board. I do not understand how and why this happened. I did not delete anything and there isn’t anyone who has access to the board. I want to restore the items, obviously. But even if I can’t restore them, I want to understand why this happened so it doesn’t happen again. Anyone had a similar problem?

P.s. I had the tab open on my laptop for a while now. Do you think this might have something to do with it?

Also you can reach the support team at https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=community

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SevgiYakin - 

A few questions:

• What plan are you on - Free, Team, Business, Consultant, Education, Enterprise?
  • If on a paid plan, do you have the board’s Share settings set to Anyone with he link → Can edit?
  • Did you also access the board using the mobile app on Android as did the other poster?
  • Did you also report his to support?

A similar thing happened to me just now. I can’t trace how it happened, but I just logged in and although my board was there, everything in it was deleted. If you find a way to get back the items, let us know please. 

Let's communicate to help each other. All of a sudden our business plan is gone. It has been studied for months, it has a lot of detail. We don't know what to do. We are in a bad difficult situation.

My ticket was not answered yet. Will we be able to get our data back?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MEHMET AYDOGDU - Out of curiosity, if you are on a paid plan, do you have the board’s Share settings set to Anyone with he link → Can edit?

For future reference, you can find the link to the support form from your Miro dashboard or while in a board by clicking on the help (“?”) icon in the top-right corner → Get help → Support

NOTE: If you do not see the Support option, this is because email form support may not be an option for the plan you are trying to use the above method to get to the support form, e.g., you have a Free Plan team and a Consultant Plan team that your Miro account profile is a member of and you are currently trying to get to the support form while in a board that belongs to the Free Plan team, then you won’t see the Support option.

You can learn more about this by searching for “Success & Support” in the Plans and Features Available help article.

For your case, whether you were on a free or paid plan, two reports of deleted/missing board content is quite alarming to me. I hope support gets this sorted out for you!

@MEHMET AYDOGDU - Out of curiosity, if you are on a paid plan, do you have the board’s Share settings set to Anyone with he link → Can edit?

For future reference, you can find the link to the support form from your Miro dashboard or while in a board by clicking on the help (“?”) icon in the top-right corner → Get help → Support

NOTE: If you do not see the Support option, this is because email form support may not be an option for the plan you are trying to use the above method to get to the support form, e.g., you have a Free Plan team and a Consultant Plan team that your Miro account profile is a member of and you are currently trying to get to the support form while in a board that belongs to the Free Plan team, then you won’t see the Support option.

You can learn more about this by searching for “Success & Support” in the Plans and Features Available help article.

For your case, whether you were on a free or paid plan, two reports of deleted/missing board content is quite alarming to me. I hope support gets this sorted out for you!

I was using free plan. It must get back. We have no other chance. Our business is facing to cancelling all last 2020 plans for now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MEHMET AYDOGDU - I have no doubts that Miro will take this seriously, regardless of the plan the board was on!

Hi @Robert Johnson, thank you for your concern. 

I am on a free plan, so unfortunately I do not have that option to explain what happened to my board.

No, I did not access the board using mobile app and yes, I did report it.

Fortunately, I am not in a situation as bad as the other post, I do not have my business depend on it. But still, I had put a lot of work into that board and it’s just sad.

As I said, I had the tab open on my laptop, and I suspect it updated itself while the tab was still open. This should not matter for a web-based service, but that’s the only suspect I have at the moment.

@MEHMET AYDOGDU - I have no doubts that Miro will take this seriously, regardless of the plan the board was on!

I still haven't gotten an answer to my ticket.

Last night and this morning I have noticed that content on my board is corrupted. For example I have built a grid of shapes with text, created from copying one shape over and over and then editing each with new text.

Miro seems to be doing two things. Either reverting the text back to it’s original copied state, or removing the copied shapes altogether… 

So I’m losing work and having to do it over again. I’ve tried reloading the boards (it’s happened on two so far) but no joy. 

Please help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Scott McGregor - If you have not already, I strongly suggest that you open a Miro Support & Help Center ticket as there have been other recent reports of changed/missing content.

Hi Robert,

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,

Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MEHMET AYDOGDU - Was Miro Support able to recover your board?