Things I save on the board (like pictures or some texts) don’t appear on my student’s boards

• 25 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hey there! I’ m a teacher of English and use Miro board for my lessons with kids. And recently it has become imposible, as the things I save on the board (like pictures or some texts) just don’t appear on my student’s boards. It started the previous week and still goes on. I tried to use different Internet navigator like Mozzila and Chrome, but it still doesn’t work. It’s just a disaster for me as I just lose the half of the lesson trying to solve this problem instead of teaching.

Please, help! (I can’t create a new board, I have to work on the same, as the children can’t access the boards themselves and I have to bother their parents every time we have to make some changes. And most of the parents just don’t want to solve my technical troubles).

Thanks in advance

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sorry to hear that you are having these issues @Aleksandra Dmitrieva . 

To clarify, when you have made changes to your board, after exiting Miro and re-entering it, are you still seeing them, or are they disappearing even for you?

What are you seeing in the Activity log - are the objects you have created showing up as having been created (and perhaps deleted) in the log?

Badge +1

Hi, @Kiron Bondale 

After exiting Miro and re-entering it I can still see all the changes I made, but my students can’t. Some of them see the last week version and some can see the changes I made the same day before (and then these changes disappeared from my board, so I had to do everything again). When my students work on the board I can’t see the changes they make, as they work like with the previous version of the board.

The activity log shows me all these steps, both mines and my students’. But I can't see anything on the board map, and if I click it, I get lost on the board and can’t find the changes I’ve just made. Maybe the problem is in the map?

Thanks in advance for helping!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Aleksandra Dmitrieva -

Clicking on activity log entries should zoom you right to where the changes were made - have you tried that and if so, what happens?

Kiron

Badge +1

@Kiron Bondale 

I’ve checked the log entries and it seems that the problem’s in the map. It just doesn’t show that I have anything on the board. As the result I have different parts of the board with the materials I thought I’ve lost. My student can’t see anything on the map either, so it makes working with Miro board quite difficult. Is there any solution for that? Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Aleksandra Dmitrieva -

What happens if you pin the map view and then zoom in or out? I’ve occasionally had the map view go blank on me as well, but I usually find that zooming in or out resolved the issue. 

Kiron

Badge +1

@Kiron Bondale 

I tried many times, but nothing changes. Moreover, I have just found that the yesterday’s activity log is no longer available for me and I can’t find the yesterday’s lesson again :sweat:

Badge +1

@Kiron Bondale 

and another questions: do you know if  is there any possibility to embed to the board I use a widget with a rolling dice?

I was looking for some of them, but at the moment I can´t find a possibility to embed any of it to the board. THanks again! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Aleksandra Dmitrieva -

Sounds like your original query should be raised as a support ticket with Miro at this point.

I’d come up with a simple but kludgy solution for the dice here: https://community.miro.com/developer-forum-57/simple-random-number-generator-288, but am still hoping that @Boris Borodyansky is able to code and release a more elegant one…

Kiron

Badge +1

Wow, Thank you, Kiron! It´s really helpful! Although if you got this more elegant solution, I´d be grateful if you share it!

I´ve already raised a support ticket three days ago, and hope it will be answered some day. Meanwhile your kind advice works perfectly and I showed my little ones to find things on the board using the activity logs. Thanks again for your help!

Alex