Email already in use

• 14 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, I used my personal email to sign up for Miro for a CSPO class a couple of months ago. Now I now want to set up a free subscription for a whiteboarding session. I’m not able to sign up with the same email because it’s attached as a user on a team board.  Anything I post will be shared with the team from my CSPO class.  How do I get around this?  

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Molly Lindblom - A question to start: If you already signed up for Miro, what do you see when you sign into your account? How many teams do you have on the left side of your dashboard?

And what happens if you click on the Add teams “+” icon on the left? Are you prompted to for a Team name, and then asked to choose a paid plan?

Hey @Robert Johnson I see one team (CSPO class) on the left nav. No add teams button.  The only add buttons are “Add project” which requires I upgrade and “Add board” which warns me it will be shared with the entire (CSPO) team.  This is probably due to the fact that I’m seeing the instructor's board. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Just to confirm, on the very left side of your Miro dashboard, you do not have the Add teams plus symbol under the CSPO class team icon (it probably just has a “C” in the box):

My fault.  I can see the Add teams plus symbol under the CSPO team.  Thanks for the help! 

Looks like I’d need to upgrade regardless so the new team can see boards that the  CSPO team can’t see and vice versa. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Molly Lindblom - You’re welcome! You should still able to create your own Free Plan team. However, before I start explaining the process, let me ask you a few more questions:

1. Do you plan on continuing to be a part of the CSPO team - collaborating with  others on that team, creating boards, etc.?
  2. How many boards do you currently have in that team?
  3. Have you shared those boards with others?

These are all important factors when determining the best strategy when temporarily leaving that team and then coming back to it.