Editors don't have an option 'Bring Everyone to Me'

• 19 October 2020
  • 3 replies

My team is working with a consulting company and we have shared our Miro Boards with them directly  They don’t have access to our corp network, so we’ve manually added their email addresses to the boards as editors.  We are not using the public share links.  They are able to do everything that editors can do, except for using the “Bring Everyone to Me” functionality.  I’ve seen where “Guest Editors” cannot use this function, but our consultants shouldn’t be considered guests as we have added them manually and sent the invites directly to them.  We need to be able to have them bring everyone to me.  They have been able to do this previously.  What do we need to do to make that happen?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Melanie Chin - From what you are saying and the setup you have in place, I would expect Bring everyone to me to work as I can find nothing in the Consultant Plan or Attention Management help articles to indicate that Bring everyone to me will not work with Full vs Occasional user license holders. I would suggest that you open a Miro Support & Help Center ticket.

In the meantime, would it not work for you to put all of these boards into a new Team in your Consultant Plan and then add these externals users at the team level? I have not personally done this in my Consultant Plan as I have been the only user on the account and have only used Guest Editors to collaborate with non-team members, but would expect that to be a valid setup. And then perhaps the Bring everyone to me would work again once they are at the team level. Plus, you wouldn’t have to add each new person to each board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Melanie Chin - In retrospect, I suppose your decision to add these users the Board vs. Team level may have been driven by the need for them to only consume an Occasional (Day Pass) license vs. a Full user license.

Thanks for the information.  I have submitted a Support Ticket, so I will wait to see what they say.  We only want them to access specific boards which have lots of internal users as well, so that is why we’ve been adding them manually to each board and not at the team level.