Edit text size of multiple objects

• 31 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I’m working on my first board and made everything too large at first. I found it easy to select all objects and shrink them all down together, however, the original font size is not shrinking along with the objects. I can’t figure out a way to adjust the font size of multiple objects at once. Does anyone have any ideas for how this might be accomplished? 

Many thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I don’t know that this can be done with regular drawing shapes (e.g. circles, rectangles). It does work with the sticky notes because those are designed to provide an auto-size mode for font size. Adding auto-sizing to shapes other than the sticky notes would be a good enhancement for sure!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Nathaniel, not sure what is wrong. Could you please record a gif to show us what is happening on the board as you resize the objects? 

Hey @Nathaniel, not sure what is wrong. Could you please record a gif to show us what is happening on the board as you resize the objects? 

He is saying that the size of the text inside an object doesn’t get adjusted to the new size of the object. Also it’d be nice to select multiple objects and resize the text inside them at once. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ali Binici -

I can definitely re-size the text inside multiple shapes by multi-selecting them and re-sizing the selection rectangle itself - does than not do what you are looking for?

Kiron

@Ali Binici -

I can definitely re-size the text inside multiple shapes by multi-selecting them and re-sizing the selection rectangle itself - does than not do what you are looking for?

Kiron

My shapes are all the correct size and I don’t want to resize them. But, the text inside dozens of shapes is 24pt and I need to change all of them to 36pt.

Seems the only way to do this is, one by one, and check twice to make sure I haven’t missed any. I haven’t found a way to select dozens of objects and then change the font size for all of those objects.

Looking for the same thing, I discovered that I can get one object the way I want it and the choose “Copy Style” from the ellipsis at the end of the menu I get when the object is selected. Then, I can select all the other objects and hit “Paste Style” from the same menu. So as long as you want ALL the style objects the same in a group, this is a little better then doing them one by one.

I agree that the ability to do text formatting on a group of objects is an obvious and good feature.

I am struggling right now with this feature that doesn’t exist.