Do you have any control over how the data is exported to a CSV

• 16 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I am playing with using frames and export to CSV. The information you get in the exported file seems to be ordered around what order you added stuff to the board rather than how it appears visually left to right and top to bottom.  This can get quite confusing when you move stuff around or use copy and paste.  As a test, I tried adding three triangles to a frame and added text to each one, numbering them 1, 2 & 3 respectively.  The first time I exported to CSV they appeared in that order, however when I changed the text in each triangle to now read 2, 1 & 3 respectively left to right, the exported CSV had them number 3, 1 & 2!?  This is going to be really annoying as I want to use the intuitive and visually pleasing GUI Miro offers to do Value Stream Mapping, extracting the text in the process boxes and the data underneath in a grid into Excel for calculation and analysis as I can no longer guarantee that the extracted information is in the same ‘order’ as it appears visually.  Any thoughts / help / suggestions?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nigel Halliwell - There is no end-user customization for the CSV export format at this time.

There are at least eight Wish List idea posts on this forum where people are looking for improved CSV exports. I would suggest that you add your comments/votes to any that interest you:

https://community.miro.com/search?q=CSV&content_type%5B0%5D=ideation

You can also add your own Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.