Answered

Difficulties in moving grouped objects inside a frame

• 5 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I grouped two objects together. When it is out side a frame it is in a correct order (purpal on top of the white)

But! When it goes to a frame it become upside down automatically!

Please help me to solve this problem. How I can prevent it from getting upside down?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 5 December 2020, 22:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Azmo - It’s hard to see exactly what you have going on in the second screenshot, but the objects don’t look “upside down”. I would check to see if you if you have grid mode enabled for your frame:

Grid mode will automatically align objects in the frame.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Azmo - Okay… I get it now, and can reproduce the behaviour you are describing.

Steps to reprodcue:

1. Grouped a text and card object
  2. put them into a frame
  3. turned Grid mode on for the frame
  4. dragged the two grouped objects that were inside of the frame
  5. and then then the two object reversed their order.

This appears to be a bug.

I would suggest that you reach out to the Miro Customer Support team directly by creating a ticket via this special form. Please also include a link to this post in your report to the support team.

It would also be helpful for the rest of the community if you were to come back here and share what the Support team told you.

@Robert Johnson Yap, that is exactly my problem!

I will inform them about this bug and will report the result here.

Thank you!

@Robert Johnson  this is the response I have received from the support team:

I've been in touch with our engineers regarding the issue with grids - I'm afraid the team doesn't have immediate plans to fix this behaviour but rest assured that our team is now aware of this case and will definitely take it into account when improving the functionality of Grids. I'm truly sorry for any difficulties this brings to you currently! 

Happy holidays!