Answered

"Delete" takes me back in my browser?

• 9 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi Miro friends!

So, for some reason, “Delete” (using a MacBook Pro) doesn’t just delete the thing I’ve selected on my Miro board; it also takes me back in my browser, which--as as you can imagine--is super annoying. “Shift” + “Delete” is my workaround, but shouldn’t these shortcuts be reversed? Miro’s shortcut key is telling me that “Delete” should not take me to the previous page in my browser. Has anyone else seen this and know how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by Marina 11 September 2020, 13:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lil,

Could you please specify
1) the browser you are using,
2) whether the issue is reproduced in the Incognito mode?

And just to make sure - before pressing Delete, do you have an item/items selected on the board?

Hi Marina,

Sure! 
1) I’m using Chrome
2) Oooo, it doesn’t happen in Incognito mode!

Yes, I’m selecting something on the board, and when I backspace/delete, it both takes me back to my dashboard and deletes the object. I can hold shift + delete and NOT go back in my browser, but I often forget to do this. Basically seems like the keyboard shortcuts got reversed!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Lil!

Vlada from Miro Support team here. 

If in the Incognito mode everything works fine please make sure to clear your browser’s cache and cookies and then sign out and back into your Miro profile anew before checking the process in the standard mode. Additionally, please try to disable all extensions for your browser.

Please let me know how it goes :)