Answered

Crop function is missing

• 19 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Hello!  How do I add the crop function to the menu that appears when I right click on an image?  Right now all I get are the download arrow and the lock image.  

icon

Best answer by Laura 19 May 2020, 19:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Laura -

Is the image currently locked? If not, you should see the crop tool in the toolbar which pops up when you select the image.

Locked image:

Unlocked image:

Kiron

Thanks for asking!  The image is unlocked, see below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Laura -

That’s odd that you are not seeing more options even though the image is unlocked.

Is there anything “special” about the frame that it is in?

Does this happen if you upload a new image to your board and don’t put a frame around it?

What is the format of the image (e.g. JPG, GIF)?

Kiron

Ok, mystery solved!  I was trying to crop a slide from a pdf, rather than a jpeg.  I got the correct menu when I clicked on an image, rather than a pdf slide.  This issue is resolved, although I’d love it if there was a way to crop parts of a pdf that I’ve uploaded.

Thanks so much!

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Laura @Kiron Bondale That looks like the options available to a…

•  single page PDF. 
  •  a single page extracted from a multi-page PDF. 

Crop does not seem to be available on PDFs as of yet…

@Laura I’d recommend for a simple solution:

• make the image in the PDF as large on the screen as possible with zoom in your PDF reader… 
  • then use a screen capture (selection) function on your computer. 
  • win + shift + s   on windows → then outline the image you want… image is on clip board so just open your miro board and paste onto where the cursor is. ctrl + v  -- This workflow is great for many tasks involving Miro. 

• shift + command + 4   on Mac.  → this saves the cut image to your desktop. Upload to Miro board. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok, mystery solved!  I was trying to crop a slide from a pdf, rather than a jpeg.  I got the correct menu when I clicked on an image, rather than a pdf slide.  This issue is resolved, although I’d love it if there was a way to crop parts of a pdf that I’ve uploaded.

Thanks so much!

Laura

HA -- awesome…  Looks like @Laura  solved it while I was typing. Cheers!

Hello! Unfortunately I can’t crop pdf images since last week. Are there any updates I’ve missed or am I doing something wrong? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Victoria Prelkova - There was a recent issue with resizing objects that may have impacted image cropping too. The issue was resolved about 1.5 days ago.

How did you try io initiate the cropping? E.g., did you double-click/tap the image? Or select it and use the crop action?

What happens if you try to crop the image outside of the frame?

Is this only happing for PDF pages that you converted to images or with any image?

Have you tried clearing your cache? Logging out/in to Miro again?

Does this happen in all browsers?

Have you tried the Miro desktop app