Answered

Changes to toolbar not saved web app

• 15 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

I changed my toolbar when using the web app on my laptop but the changes were not reflected the following day when I logged in on my desktop - although all the changes I made to my boards were there!  The day after that the toolbar changes were also not on my laptop although once again the board changes were. Anyone else experienced this? How can I make sure changes made on the toolbar on one device are saved to my profile - or is this a glitch? 

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 15 September 2020, 17:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

thanks @Robert Johnson and @Kiron Bondale - it was obviously a blip as it resolved and hasn’t happened again! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ruth Newnham -

I just modified my Miro toolbar from my browser (Google Chrome) on a Windows 10 PC and then logged on from the desktop app and confirmed it had retained the changes.

Can you try to make the changes again on the laptop and try them from the desktop on the same day to see if that makes any difference? 

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ruth Newnham - to be clear, are you referring to the content creation toolbar on the left-hand side of the board?

If so, I did notice that once or twice in my 2.5 years of using Miro/RealtimeBoard. I just tested from two browsers, on two different laptops, through a board that both of my Miro accounts have access to. In my first test, I was logged into the board as myself from both laptops and when I made a change on laptop A (moved the frames icon up spot) and then refreshed the board on laptop B, the change appeared. I then opened be board on laptop B using a different browser and while signed in to a different Miro account and repeated the test, but the icons location did not change on laptop B, so demonstrates that the icons appear to be a user account level. In the end though, I was not able to replicate your behaviour.

A few questions:

• Did this just happen once or is it constant and ongoing?
  • Does this happen for every board? For everyone else on your team?

If you haven’t already, I would just clearing your browser cache too.