Answered

Board Visibility

• 5 December 2020
  • 3 replies

All:

Suddenly, the visibility of my Miro boards has shrunk and I’m unable to read the text on my canvas. As a result, I’m unable to troubleshoot the problem because the text and images are sooo very small (like reduced to approx. 5%). Additionally, the touchscreen feature isn’t allowing me to simply expand  the canvas as usual to make the tools and screen visible. HOWEVER, if I can see the full screen/expand screen icon in the bottom right-hand corner, I can get a 100% screen size but all the tool icons remain very tiny in size.

I’m not sure if my invitees or team member inadvertently changed the default on a feature, which now needs resetting. But I can’t see my account settings to return to the usual 100% onscreen visibility.

Is there some feature that needs resetting in order for me to resume seeing the boards and account features at 100% visibility? Please help if you can.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 5 December 2020, 21:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sealvie - There is no board/user setting that controls the zoom level - it is specific to the device of the person who is on the board - browser, phone, tablet, laptop, desktop app, etc.

Without seeing your board, it sounds like someone resized everything to be small.

Example - here is a board that I am viewing at 100%:

NOTE: In this GIF video clip, I am using my mouse wheel to zoom in/out quickly.

And now I will:

• select everything using Ctrl + A
  • zoom out
  • click-and-drag the selected objects to make them really small
  • then click on the zoom level in the bottom-right corner mini-map to reset the zoom to 100%
  • lastly, I try to zoom in as far as I can which is 400% and I can’t read the objects

To fix this, I will

• select the objects, this time by holding the Shift key and clicking-and-dragging around the objects
  • and then I will click-and-drag to resize/make them bigger
  • I will zoom out a bit and resize/make them bigger even more

Thank you, Robert. Your explanation resolved my issue; the solution was much easier than I had imagined, despite my best efforts to troubleshoot the problem.

You’re the best!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sealvie - I’m glad that helped you out! :blush: