Azure Cards not limited to Enterprise Plan

I was curious if there was a requirement to integrate Azure Card with Miro?  I mainly ask as I see that you can integrate Jira (and other integrations) on the “Team” plan.   At first, I thought maybe it required SSO?  Though, you can do just about anything with tokens.  Azure AD maybe?  The main reason I ask, we’re a startup, and we have a small team.  We had been researching options for improving a team operating remotely.  Overall, Miro is a great tool, but we use Azure Devops which, given we are a small team I’m not sure if we have the budget to use the enterprise plan (if it matters, the main reason we are using Azure Devops for our card is that we needed a CI pipeline, and for the most part, we got the board as part of it when setting up the azure CI). 

Anyways, Miro looked perfect (even more so after i saw the integration with azure devop cards) which has me rather bummed so I figured I’d ask.

Hi @Matt Garrett,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! You are right, Azure Cards integration is only available on the Enterprise Plan. I will definitely share your feedback with the team :slight_smile:

Thank you taking that into consideration :)

@Marina I would second this request.  The integration with Azure DevOps is similar in functionality to the integration with Jira.  I would like to see both as options in the same Team Plan.  Thanks!

How many other integrations are restricted to Enterprise Plan apart from the ADO integration?

+1 for the request to make it available in the Teams plan.

Is there a way to try out this app integration without making the switch to enterprise plan? In a trial period.

+1

Adding another voice to this. I’m currently working with a client using Azure DevOps. They don’t even have 50 people who would use Miro (the minimum seat count for Enterprise) let alone the budget to afford it.

I am very used to doing planning in Miro using Jira cards and assumed I could do the same with Azure cards only to discover this odd licensing restriction.

It will be cheaper to pay someone to copy and paste changes to and from ADO than it is to sign up for an Enterprise license at $20 or so x 50 seat minimum = $1000/month. It’s so frustrating when you know the integration is there waiting to be used and does exactly what you need. 😠

I've used the Jira Cards plugin in several client projects and I love it. It makes my work easier and it helps me and my team to keep a better overview of our work.

Now I'm on a client project that uses Azure DevOps instead of Jira, so I wanted to install the Azure Cards plugin. However, I discovered, it's only available to the Miro Enterprise Plan (and my company is on a Consultant Plan). Which I really don't understand because both plugins have very similar functionality.

Found this page after attempting to set up Azure DevOps integration, like others, and learned of this strange restriction. It doesn’t make sense to restrict Azure Devops to Enterprise-only accounts when Jira, a substantially similar tool in scope and adoption, is available in lower plans.

We use DevOps due to its powerful CI/CD pipelines, and because we’re a Microsoft-based company, so it makes sense to also use it for work item management. However, we are too small to justify the Enterprise plan. We’ve been Miro users for a few years now.

Miro, please reconsider this oddly lopsided decision.

Same here.

I’m the CTO of A fintech startup, not an enterprise.
We use Azure DevOps as well and we’re also based on Microsoft tech.

This is very odd to me, causing some frustrating since Jira, Confluence and other similar product integrations are not limited to enterprise.

Azure DevOps integration is similar to all other providers. You authorize Miro, use the API to extract data, normalize it to Miro cards and do the minor provider based modifications required.

The discrimination here is a bit frustrating.

We will not migrate to an enterprise solution just based on this sole integration, we’ll have to figure out other solution and limit the miro usage for our engineering teams. 

Hope this can be sorted out quickly.

Hi,

I am a huge fan of Miro and as a technical lead developer have implemented Miro with multiple companies and teams over the years and a huge advocate for the tool. But most of the companies I work with are startups and scale ups. This does not make sense to have DevOps as an enterprise feature. Not to throw shade at Jira but it does not make sense why you exclude Azure DevOps on the lower product tiers? This thread has been going for 2 years now, at least give an explanation as to why you are doing this? Either you have a deal in the background with Atlassian, or your sales team looking to make target on higher plans. If this is not addressed I’ll have to look at an alternative to your platform.

Hi there. Any update on the matter? Really frustrating to see this being left with no answer for long time, apart form the original request - seems like all other Asana/Jira Cars have a way to integrate on the Starter plans and Azure DevOps should be no different. Thanks forward.

Hi, Miro Team!

Please try to find the way to make Azure Cards available on Business Plan. For small team it is very important thing.

Same for our team. Small team and use Azure devops. Would love to use Miro for this. 

Same here. 

Adding another voice to this. I’m currently working with a client using Azure DevOps. They don’t even have 50 people who would use Miro (the minimum seat count for Enterprise) let alone the budget to afford it.

I am very used to doing planning in Miro using Jira cards and assumed I could do the same with Azure cards only to discover this odd licensing restriction.

It will be cheaper to pay someone to copy and paste changes to and from ADO than it is to sign up for an Enterprise license at $20 or so x 50 seat minimum = $1000/month. It’s so frustrating when you know the integration is there waiting to be used and does exactly what you need. 😠

I upgrade from FREE to a Paid plan so that I could use Jira / Azure cards. I assumed that if Jira would work, Azure would work also. I am very disappointed and surprised that MIro has different pricing for these two identical services from different vendors. Fix this MIRO!

Same for our team. Small team and use Azure devops. Would love to use Miro for this. 

Same here. Very silly that this is not supported

Hi @Joost Okkinga

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback on the Azure cards. We will be sure to share this feedback with our team and update this thread if this feature becomes available to more plans.

In the meantime, for those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Cheers.