Apple Scribble

Will I be able to use Apple Scribble (in iPadOS 14) instead of the electronic keyboard in Miro, especially to create sticky notes?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Gerhard du Plooy,

While we are waiting for other community members’ comments, can you please answer a couple of questions - do you want to create a sticky note, write text with a pencil on it and expect it to be automatically converted to normal text? 

Hi Marina.

First two - yes. Third one will be nice to have but not required. 

Userlevel 4

Hi @Gerhard du Plooy

Thanks for the question! We have some issues with Apple Scribble on iPadOS 14 Beta, and we’re working to fix it. I can’t give you the specific date, but we’re aware of it.

Hi @Tolya Filippov  - after an “upgrade” to ios 14 I am having problems with both the app and web versions of miro and the pencil.  To be usable at all I had to turn off scribble and “only draw with the apple pencil”.   But now other things are strange - if I click on a frame then the menu that usually pops up which would allow me to delete will not appear reliably.  Also the menu that is usually on the left of the screen which allows me to pick the pencil or load apps etc disappears.  Reloading the page will sometimes fix it and sometimes not.   I am using miro to teach my class remotely this semester but it seems not trustworthy at the moment. 

Userlevel 4

Hi @rhaynes, sorry to hear that!

after an “upgrade” to ios 14 I am having problems with both the app and web versions of miro and the pencil.  To be usable at all I had to turn off scribble and “only draw with the apple pencil”.

Could you please elaborate on which problem is solved by turning off scribble feature?

But now other things are strange - if I click on a frame then the menu that usually pops up which would allow me to delete will not appear reliably.  Also the menu that is usually on the left of the screen which allows me to pick the pencil or load apps etc disappears.  Reloading the page will sometimes fix it and sometimes not.   I am using miro to teach my class remotely this semester but it seems not trustworthy at the moment. 

Yes, unfortunately, we have this problem and it occurs when the board becomes too big, so RAM is not enough for it. It’s because iPads have less RAM than PCs.
Could you please tell me your iPad model?

Hi - it is a ipad pro 12.9 inch.

Userlevel 4

@Gerhard du Plooy Hi! We’ve supported Apple Scribble functionality, it should work fine now. Feel free to share your feedback!

Great news! Thanks for the feedback. I am not a regular user (for now :)) but will try it as soon a I can.

Hi @rhaynes, sorry to hear that!

after an “upgrade” to ios 14 I am having problems with both the app and web versions of miro and the pencil.  To be usable at all I had to turn off scribble and “only draw with the apple pencil”.

Could you please elaborate on which problem is solved by turning off scribble feature?

But now other things are strange - if I click on a frame then the menu that usually pops up which would allow me to delete will not appear reliably.  Also the menu that is usually on the left of the screen which allows me to pick the pencil or load apps etc disappears.  Reloading the page will sometimes fix it and sometimes not.   I am using miro to teach my class remotely this semester but it seems not trustworthy at the moment. 

Yes, unfortunately, we have this problem and it occurs when the board becomes too big, so RAM is not enough for it. It’s because iPads have less RAM than PCs.
Could you please tell me your iPad model?

@Tolya Filippov are there any solutions to this RAM issue? Miro has become barely usable on my iPad pro since boards very quickly reach the size threshold when collaborating with teams. Please help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @eskivic,

I’m sorry to hear this :(

The team told me that we will work on this problem this quarter. So please stay tuned! 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody is having a problem when typing in Miro. 
I have been using Miro in a IPad Pro 12.9 2020 for 6 enjoyable months, never had problems or bugs tu report, UNTIL LAST WEEK.

When typing on a sticky note, the second letter starts writing at the left of the first letter, in other words, if I write Business it will end up looking like usinessB. Some times, it writes the word letter by letter vertically, like this

B

s

i

n

e

s

s
This happens using the app and the web on chrome or safari, in large or small boards. I have reinstalled IPadOS to factory settings and reinstalled the Miro app, but the bug persist.

Please, let mi know if you have experienced this and if you found a fix.

Thanks

Miguel