Anyone experienced a critical issue with a freeze then random bulk non-user made edits?

• 22 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I’m hoping that somebody could please shed some light on a very concerning issue that I experienced today with Miro on the web app.

As i was working, the app suddenly froze for a few minutes then crashed. When I reloaded the page there were dozens of changes made to the board, included dozens of new line connections, screen movements and deleted objects.

I reviewed the Activity List log and it shows hundreds of changes all within a minute, (screengrabs below).

This was my only copy of the board and I’m not able to revert back so as you can imagine that this pretty stressful and concerning that I’ve lost weeks worth of work.

If anybody at Miro or anyone else could help, this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Harmesh

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Harmesh - I am not even going to go through my usually troubleshooting steps/questions and just recommend that you Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center ticket right away. This is about he fourth report of unexplained changes/missing content that I have seen posted on this forum in the past 3-4 days.

Thanks @Robert Johnson for the reply. 
I’ve submitted a request ticket and I’m desperately hoping that they can recover my lost work, otherwise I’m in major trouble. 

it’s very worrying if there are multiple instances of this occurring and I’m starting to consider more stable platforms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Harmesh - I share your concerns. Please share what you find out.

@Robert Johnson 

Just a quick update, no response from anyone from Miro in-spite of messages across all available channels.

I’m pretty despondent about the whole situation but I’m looking at ways to protect my business from this happening again. 

The more I read about the experiences of others of issues with random non-user made changes, the lack of advanced saving (E.g. auto-backups, revert to history features) and explicit commitments to customer support regardless of subscription plan.

I’m advising my company to move to a different cloud brainstorming platform.

I know it’s not the same type of tool and not for everyone (I’m a designer), however Figma offers (IMO) a more stable platform with advanced saving and version history features and a clear and explicit commitment to customer support, whatever your plan.

I’m still crossing my fingers that Miro support will recover my lost work but I can’t afford for this to happen again.

Harmesh

Hi @harmesh,

Steven from Miro here. I will contact you in a direct message to follow-up on your issue here to make sure we find the cause and a solution.

Best,

Steven

I had this today, but deleted 90% of my 2 days workshops with no possibility to have it back. 

Hi @wojtek.zdz I will send you a DM to see if we can find a solution. Best, Steven

Hi @Steven I am currently experiencing the same problem and apparently my coworkers cannot do anything as the board is now pink for them. Please reach out to me asap to help us fix the issue! thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @IsabeldeG,

So sorry to hear this! We’ve checked that there’s already a support ticket from you. The Support Team will get back to you via email.