Language Settings per Board or Project

• 8 November 2022
  • 5 replies

As a consultant, some of the clients I work with only speak English.

Other clients only speak German (and almost no English).

So for me it would be very helpful to set the language preferences not in my profile, but for each project separately.

5 replies

Hey @BarbaraOrmsby thank you for sharing this feedback! I work in the product team on this initiative and would love to learn more.

When you say that you’d like to set it by project, would this goal be to ensure that your German speaking users have their view of Miro in German while you’re presenting so that they can view your German content offering with a consistent language experience? i’d be happy to set up an initial call to understand your use case a bit better too. 

Thanks, 

Alice 

Hi Alice,

well, I mostly work with Miroboards in a collaborative way with my clients to think visually rather than write bullet points in Word documents. But I’m happy to hop on a call with you. Do you have a booking calendar link you can share with me?

Kind regards

Barbara

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Barbara,

the user interface in German is a brand new feature in Miro (and still beta). 

As I understand it, it is a personal profile setting that relates to one's own content. Here is more information from Miro himself:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4957762934802-Language-settings-BETA-

I’m a professional trainer and successfully offer Miro training and onboarding sessions in German. If you have a need for this, please contact me directly.

Kind regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

thank you for clarifying. I see, so if I set my profile to English, my clients could set it to German, so that they see everything in their language. So what I then need to do is to provide them with the instructions to change the language.

I would find it useful, if I could easily set the preferred language for each project. Similar to how I can flexibly choose the language for each Zoom meeting (so that I send out an invitation and the information how to join in German for one particular meeting and and invitation in English for an internatonal call).

Kind regards

Barbara 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Barbara,

that is my understanding. But since the function is brand new as I said and I am also not a Miro official, I can not make more accurate statements.

If you are looking for German-speaking users to test this with, this is definitely the right group for you. 😁

Viele Grüße 😉

Peter