⚡​​​​​​​ Miro Next Breakout Session: Hybrid Teams ⚡​​​​​​​

⚡​​​​​​​ Miro Next Breakout Session: Hybrid Teams ⚡​​​​​​​
Userlevel 3

Connected and Aligned: Your Hybrid Team in Miro

💡 If you do not see the video please enable cookie or go to vimeo.com/710824161 in your browser

Featured Resources

Overview

In this never-before-seen session, we’ll get practical with best practices for distributed and hybrid work, learn to use Miro features and skills to include all voices in collaborative work and create a one stop Miro board for teams to gather information, share resources, and align expeditiously on what’s most important.

Our Speakers

• @Jennifer Clark, Manager, Miro Academy

Q&A

But wait, there’s more! 

Leave your burning questions and brilliant thoughts down below ⬇️ as you watch the session a get a reply from our speaker and Team Miro. We’ll be hopping into the comments in real-time during the session, as well as async style now through Friday, May 20th. (Think of it as a Hybrid AMA!)

We can’t wait to hear from you! 🙌

38 replies

Userlevel 3

When I embed slides into the team hub, can I present it in presentation mode without having to expand them into frames?

Great question! You can embed slides, like say from a Google Slides presentation, directly into Miro. You’ll need to place them on frames so that Miro can recognize them for presentation mode, but you can resize your individual slides to completely cover the frame for a seamless experience.

You can learn a little more about Presentations in our Help Center as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jen Clark I really liked the Google Calendar integration demoed during Miro Next, where you could add a Miro board natively in a calendar booking! Unfortunately, we don't use Google Calendar at my company… 🙈 Do you think this will be implemented for other calendar apps as well, like Microsoft Outlook? Such a great feature!

Userlevel 3

@Jen Clark I really liked the Google Calendar integration demoed during Miro Next, where you could add a Miro board natively in a calendar booking! Unfortunately, we don't use Google Calendar at my company… 🙈 Do you think this will be implemented for other calendar apps as well, like Microsoft Outlook? Such a great feature!

So glad you liked that section @Henrik Ståhl ! The best place to stay up to date on future calendar integrations like these will be our App Marketplace inside Miro - but do you happen to access your calendar through MS Teams? We already have an integration for that which allows you to add Miro boards to meeting invites. I’ve linked you the article here if you’d like to learn more!

Many thanks for a great presentation. I am rather new in Miro and looking for a template which would help provide some structure for “Complex problems” that don’t have easy answers, goal being a more structured way which would allow for critical thinking. I am aware this is a tall order but there are some existing thought models in terms of divergent phase and convergent phase for such complex issues and I thought to ask whether you are aware of any template either from you or someone within the Miro community? Many thanks, A-

Hi, thanks for the inspiration. One question from my side: how is your experience (or does anyone here in the chat has experience) with hybrid teamwork and limited internet availability? We are working with partners located in a country in West Africa. I have the feeling the internet connection at their office is really weak. How data consuming is the miro platform? Thanks for your answer. Elisabeth

Userlevel 1

@Ali Habashi I LOVE this question! Thank you for asking. We have several templates in Miroverse. A good one to get started with is the 5 Whys template. I also really like this structured problem solving template and this problem solving workshop template. You can check out more problem solving templates here. And I’ll also recommend Farnum street - an external resource/blog/series of books/podcasts that are all about first principles thinking, decision making and problem solving. some of the content here might help you come up with some ideas that you can turn into your very own first Miroverse template. :) Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 3

@ElisabethB Excellent question, and we totally hear you on making things as seamless as possible for your partners. Some elements on the board can be data rich, so we recommend a few of the following best practices for weaker internet connections (no matter where you are):

• Use built in elements on the board like sticky notes, text boxes, and comments to collaborate as these are more lightweight elements
  • Turn off collaborators cursors to free up more bandwidth
  • Use Miro in one tab and close others on your browser of choice

You can learn more about optimizing board performance here. We do have system recommendations which you can also review here and send to your partners in advance. Do know that we also offer Miro on smartphones if apps are an option for you!

Where can I find the Coffee Talk template you shared in the video?

Userlevel 3

@Tami Volkert So glad you liked it! We just whipped it up for this session, but I’ll look into Miroverse as an option. Will keep you posted on it!

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Tami Volkert So glad you liked it! We just whipped it up for this session, but I’ll look into Miroverse as an option. Will keep you posted on it!

YES JEN! We need Coffee Talk on Miroverse! cc: @Anna Savina 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

So glad you liked that section @Henrik Ståhl ! The best place to stay up to date on future calendar integrations like these will be our App Marketplace inside Miro - but do you happen to access your calendar through MS Teams? We already have an integration for that which allows you to add Miro boards to meeting invites. I’ve linked you the article here if you’d like to learn more!

@Jen Clark OMG, how did I not already know this?! 😮 (Probably because I always create/RSVP bookings in Outlook and only use the Teams calendar to join the meetings...) Will definitely look into it, thanks a lot Jen!

This was an excellent presentation! Thank you so much.

Can you tell me, please, how did you record your session?

Userlevel 3

Thank you kindly for the feedback, @Will Tompkins ! We sat down to record the narration at a local studio, and at the same time I recorded my computer screen as I moved through the board. The monitor is just below the camera out of sight. It was a lot of fun to work on!