📚 Miro Community Book Club: The Extended Mind

• 19 October 2021
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

November Miro Community Book Club! 

This came out of the session at Distributed - Reimagining Workflows with Miro. 

miro.com/distributed2021

The book: The Extended Mind, Thinking Outside the Brain (by Annie M Paul) 

For those who didn't get a chance to attend, you can watch the recording here: https://miro.zoom.us/rec/share/wVKH9ilB8KC-Y1f9hYEi6kZOyO6ABjr5sWrYIuKv2tmSSShIVuGxt45khOYU2dB8.0BJugeXvwlHpA6H0?startTime=1638980287000

Helena Brandist 2 years ago

Hi @Nina Torr @Mercedes Pike @Frankie Kok @Andrej Balaz @cwheeler @Albina @Emanuel Schön Ribeiro @mschweitzer @SharadC @GordonD @Carolinechongpf @AndreaMHall @Nate Scholz @juan pablo moncayo portilla @Sun @JPalz @Rachel @Kevin Kinisky @Mishal @Shipra Kayan 

The event page is now live here. Don’t forget to RSVP :heart_eyes:  More info is to follow :bulb:

Can’t wait to see you all there :tada:

View original

43 replies

@Colleen Curtis I’m about halfway, myself. I am excited about applying some of the learning to Miro - but I’m not sure how to do that yet. Perhaps that will be a fun book club live question to explore. “How can we incorporate movement or gestures within a Miro event or utilize Miro to ‘Extend’ the mind in teaching and learning?” Additionally, on a personal note, I am raising a child with ADHD and the points made about the necessity to move and how this actually invokes clarity and ease of learning was a major lightbulb to me. No more, “Sit down and focus” - but, instead “lets move as we learn.” I’m very grateful to have learned about this book and am looking forward to discussing it with you all, more!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Mercedes Pike - same! 

I’m working on a quick Miro board that we can all introduce ourselves and leave thoughts that will help us inform the discussion. I’ll share that ASAP. 

@Frankie Kok here’s the thread for November Miro Book Club, if you want to take a peek! 

Also, if anyone has suggestions for December book -- please let Frankie and I know! 

Hello, everyone! I’m absolutely thrilled to have been introduced to this wonderful book. It makes so much sense to me already. It’s as if every page is a happy memory tapping me on the shoulder.

What am I DOING with what I’m learning? Well, I’m assessing and clearing out space…

I’m finding ways to move around more in natural places with natural light! (Hmmm… I ought to have the audiobook so I can listen while MOVING. I’ll work on that.)

… AND I’m looking forward to extending my mind by thinking with all of you.

Colleen

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Colleen Curtis I’m about halfway, myself. I am excited about applying some of the learning to Miro - but I’m not sure how to do that yet. Perhaps that will be a fun book club live question to explore. “How can we incorporate movement or gestures within a Miro event or utilize Miro to ‘Extend’ the mind in teaching and learning?” Additionally, on a personal note, I am raising a child with ADHD and the points made about the necessity to move and how this actually invokes clarity and ease of learning was a major lightbulb to me. No more, “Sit down and focus” - but, instead “lets move as we learn.” I’m very grateful to have learned about this book and am looking forward to discussing it with you all, more!

Thanks for sharing the thought provoking insight @Mercedes Pike. I have never thought about incorporating movement or gestures with Miro. That’s a really interesting topic to explore! Thanks for making me very interested to learn more about the book!  

Nice to see so many vibrant discussion and sharing for the November Miro Book Club @Colleen Curtis 

Userlevel 7
Badge

@cwheeler nice to see another Colleen here :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Frankie Kok so glad you are with us! 

@cwheeler nice to see another Colleen here :smiley:

(spelled correctly, too) :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge

Miro Book Clubbers! I come to you with great news. 

Our official interactive book club event will be on Wednesday December 8th from 1130am ET to 1230pm ET

AND! The author of Extended Mind (Annie Murphy Paul) is joining us for the discussion

Save the date/time, more information (and Miro board) coming to you soon! 

Have a lovely weekend, 

Colleen

@Colleen Curtis  Well, This is certainly exciting!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Yes, please!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Nina Torr @Mercedes Pike @Frankie Kok @Andrej Balaz @cwheeler @Albina @Emanuel Schön Ribeiro @mschweitzer @SharadC @GordonD @Carolinechongpf @AndreaMHall @Nate Scholz @juan pablo moncayo portilla @Sun @JPalz @Rachel @Kevin Kinisky @Mishal @Shipra Kayan 

The event page is now live here. Don’t forget to RSVP :heart_eyes:  More info is to follow :bulb:

Can’t wait to see you all there :tada:

Userlevel 7
Badge

Event is live! Please join us! 

RSVP here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Please RSVP for this session, there are limited seats! 

https://events.miro.com/events/details/miro-community-events-presents-live-event-the-extended-mind-with-author-annie-murphy-paul/

Userlevel 1
Badge

Jumping in late & excited to be here! I’ve registered for the 8th and I’m busy catching up on the reading. Peace! Julie 

Userlevel 7
Badge

@JPalz excited you can join! welcome!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

See you in just over an hour! :yellow_heart:

Userlevel 7
Badge
For those who didn't get a chance to attend, you can watch the recording here: https://miro.zoom.us/rec/share/wVKH9ilB8KC-Y1f9hYEi6kZOyO6ABjr5sWrYIuKv2tmSSShIVuGxt45khOYU2dB8.0BJugeXvwlHpA6H0?startTime=1638980287000

Thank you for making a recording of this event available to us!

--Colleen