📚 Miro Community Book Club: The Extended Mind

• 19 October 2021
  • 43 replies

Show first post

43 replies

@Colleen Curtis I’m about halfway, myself. I am excited about applying some of the learning to Miro - but I’m not sure how to do that yet. Perhaps that will be a fun book club live question to explore. “How can we incorporate movement or gestures within a Miro event or utilize Miro to ‘Extend’ the mind in teaching and learning?” Additionally, on a personal note, I am raising a child with ADHD and the points made about the necessity to move and how this actually invokes clarity and ease of learning was a major lightbulb to me. No more, “Sit down and focus” - but, instead “lets move as we learn.” I’m very grateful to have learned about this book and am looking forward to discussing it with you all, more!

Userlevel 7
Badge

yeah! excited. the more the merrier! 

Hello, everyone! I’m absolutely thrilled to have been introduced to this wonderful book. It makes so much sense to me already. It’s as if every page is a happy memory tapping me on the shoulder.

What am I DOING with what I’m learning? Well, I’m assessing and clearing out space…

I’m finding ways to move around more in natural places with natural light! (Hmmm… I ought to have the audiobook so I can listen while MOVING. I’ll work on that.)

… AND I’m looking forward to extending my mind by thinking with all of you.

Colleen

Looking good.

:-)

@Colleen Curtis  Well, This is certainly exciting!!!

Badge

I’m in!

November Miro Community Book Club! 

This came out of the session at Distributed - Reimagining Workflows with Miro. 

miro.com/distributed2021

The book: The Extended Mind, Thinking Outside the Brain (by Annie M Paul) 

Who’s in? 

Yes, I’m in.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Nate Scholz - challenge accepted. I will lead the first one, but will be looking for the community at Miro to take it from there (though I’ll surely be a guest at future clubs!) 

More soon after we finish Distributed 2021! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the invitation, it is exciting to join

@cwheeler nice to see another Colleen here :smiley:

(spelled correctly, too) :wink:

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Yes, please!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge

wonderful to see so many Miro heroes ready to join in! 

I’m ordering my audio book today :) 

There’s still time to join us, we’ll kick this off next week. More info coming soon! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Jumping in late & excited to be here! I’ve registered for the 8th and I’m busy catching up on the reading. Peace! Julie 

Userlevel 7
Badge

@JPalz excited you can join! welcome!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

See you in just over an hour! :yellow_heart:

I am ALL FOR THIS! :raised_hands_tone4:

Yes, please! Happy to join. Thank you. :-)

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m in!