Answered

Education plan limitation - no Video Chat

• 15 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Anyone know why the Education plan does not allow video chat?  this is essential for our program and having the students as guest editors (with audio only) is going to be HELL in a live session.  I was really hoping for this feature for our school.  We are global online so we need the face to face in our small groups.

I am looking at Mural now because they also have a facilitator lock function that I will have to employ as parts of my board should act like “templates” so the kids cannot alter those, but still interact with adding stickies and moving moveable things around...

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 15 June 2020, 23:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Erin Foltz -

I’d suspect only a Miro product manager could answer “why” the feature is not part of the Education plan, but the differences between the plans are provided here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730233

You could certainly submit a wish list topic (https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32) to have this capability added to the Education plan.

We are on the Consultant plan which provides us with the feature, and yet when I’m teaching classes (up to 15 participants), I prefer to use Zoom for video conferencing with Miro for collaboration as each tool is better for specific capabilities.

Kiron

Userlevel 4

Hi @Erin Foltz,

My guess as to why there is no video chat feature/integration on the Education Plan is because it is free (video chat is a feature for paid plans on Miro).

Though, it would make a lot more sense to include video chat for the Education Plan, regardless if it’s free or not, to better equip teachers and students to connect and learn better online.

Unfortunately, Miro does not have an advanced lock feature that allows templates to be locked while still enabling interaction with objects, so Mural might be the better option for you.

Hopefully Miro can add more functionalities soon.

Michael Sohn

Userlevel 4

“...Unfortunately, Miro does not have an advanced lock feature that allows templates to be locked while still enabling interaction with objects, so Mural might be the better o...”

Still partly true but miro does now restrict huest editors from unlocking what board owners have locked - not AS good as mural in this regards but better than it was