Answered

Running callbacks to users not logged in

• 9 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have a plugin that generates objects to aid in workshops online and providing visual aids to them on Miro, the object creation itself is done by a logged in user, but I want to do some updates to a card object that are done by users who are joining in that are not logged in.

I just want to change the color and rotation of a card, is this possible?

I’ved added 

async function checkCardMovments( widget_id ){

await miro.board.widgets.update({ id: widget_id, 
                                          rotation: 0,
                                          style: { backgroundColor: '#FCEEF0'} })

}

miro.onReady(() => {
    miro.addListener('WIDGETS_TRANSFORMATION_UPDATED', (e) => {

if( (e.data.length == 1) && ( e.data[0].type == 'CARD' ) ){
            checkCardMovments(e.data[0].id)
        }
    })
  }

to the miro.onReady of the js file that is initializing the plugin, it works fine if I am a logged in user but the callback doesn’t seem to run at all if its an anon user.

icon

Best answer by farbodsaraf 10 August 2020, 18:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi there - Thanks for your question. Plugins do not currently support users that are not part of the board’s team. Hopefully we’ll offer this in the future. Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi there - Thanks for your question. Plugins do not currently support users that are not part of the board’s team. Hopefully we’ll offer this in the future. Thanks!

Thanks we are working out some of the finishing touches to a demo app so, I’ll be flooding the forum with questions, my apologies for it, thank you for the response.