Answered

Linking to inboard object using SDK

• 10 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey guys,

Miro is awesome, and to learn more awsomeness of miro I have been playing with miro SDK.

I know how to create widgets like card, stickers, lines etc.
I want to link one widget, lets say sticker A to some other shape in the same board.
Visually, we can do this by selecting sticker A, then “ctrl + k” and selecting the target shape in the board.

But I cant figure out how to do this using SDK.

PS:- One alternative is to wrap the text of sticker A inside <a href="link to the board object here”>TEXT</a>. But this makes the text a hyperlink, not exactly what I want to accomplish.

icon

Best answer by Boris Borodyansky 12 May 2020, 10:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Yash — Are you trying to center the Miro viewport onto sticky B when the “link button” of A is pressed? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Max Harper!

Nope. The centering of viewport onto Sticky B happens automatically if the Sticky A already has been linked to Sticky B, using Internal Linking. Thing is, we have to perform this linking manually for each object.

Essentially what I want to accomplish is Internal Linking by using SDK only. That is when I create Sticky A using SDK (await miro.board.widgets.create()), I should be able to somehow perform the Internal Linking of Sticky A to Sticky B (given that Sticky B already exists.)

I hope that conveys my intention clearly. If not, feel free to let me know where I am lacking.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hey @Yash , no internal linking in the SDK currently.

we’ll pump it up our roadmap, see what we can do :wink:

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Boris Borodyansky, Allrighty. :yum:  Good Luck to you all.

@Boris Borodyansky any update on this being available in the SDK? It would be really awesome to have!