Twitter Integration

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It would absolutely transformative for me if I was able to paste Twitter links into Miro and have them appear as tweets. There's just so much information available on Twitter, yet I have to take screenshots to represent it. Maybe not critical to others, but this is critical to me. If Miro isn't able to undertake this development, I would be most grateful for some contact details for developers that might be able to undertake this (paid) work for me. Thanks!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@KJo 

Great idea!  Would love ti learn more about what you’re envisioning. We’ve been thinking a lot about some similar stuff  

Our company, Refractive, builds Miro integrations/plugins for the Miro marketplace, clients and partners. 

www.visualthinking.tools

DM me if you’d like to explore this idea/opportunity further. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Victor Paredes,

This type of request is getting a bit more traction, but we don’t have a confirmed support timeline for Twitter embeds, specifically.

However, we’re currently focusing on a more enhanced version of embeds/automatic URL unfurling on Miro boards, so it’s very likely that this use case will be part of our ongoing efforts in this area. 

While I don’t have a concrete timeline for you beyond this, I did just want to share that it’s something that’s on our radar. Stay tuned! 📺

-Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @KJo,

This is a great suggestion, thank you for raising it!

While you’re correct we don’t currently have a native Twitter integration like this, if you’re interested, you could consider building something out yourself by leveraging our Web SDK / REST APIs. In particular, you might consider using our embed widget to show this type of content. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KJo - You could submit this as an idea to Miro’s developer platform public roadmap → https://developers.miro.com/page/roadmap

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@KJo - There is an approval process for apps to be made available through the Miro Marketplace - this doesn’t happen automatically. Furthermore, the Twitter API is not free, so unless you were willing to pay for everyone’s use of the app you also paid to be developed/maintained, I not suggest submitting it for Marketplace approval.

Makes a lot of sense - thanks for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If anyone wants to build this as a custom feature, I recommend using an external embed service like embed.ly. Lots of modern SaaS companies of different sizes use it (Contentful, Medium, just to name a few). The cheapest account is only $9 per month.

This is what a Twitter embed looks like in a Medium article:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KJo I would definitely upvote this idea!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KJo - There is an approval process for apps to be made available through the Miro Marketplace - this doesn’t happen automatically. Furthermore, the Twitter API is not free, so unless you were willing to pay for everyone’s use of the app you also paid to be developed/maintained, I not suggest submitting it for Marketplace approval.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @KJo,

This is a great suggestion, thank you for raising it!

While you’re correct we don’t currently have a native Twitter integration like this, if you’re interested, you could consider building something out yourself by leveraging our Web SDK / REST APIs. In particular, you might consider using our embed widget to show this type of content. 🙂

Hi @Will Bishop, thanks v much for the suggestion - much appreciated.  I don’t have any development skills, but what you’re suggesting sounds reasonably straightforward for those that do.  Are you able to refer me to any developers familiar with Miro’s SDK/APIs that would be willing to take this on as a paid side project?  Presumably once built, it would be available to the wider community - is that correct?

Badge

It would absolutely transformative for me if I was able to paste Twitter links into Miro and have them appear as tweets. There's just so much information available on Twitter, yet I have to take screenshots to represent it. Maybe not critical to others, but this is critical to me. If Miro isn't able to undertake this development, I would be most grateful for some contact details for developers that might be able to undertake this (paid) work for me. Thanks!

Any updates on this feature?