Rest API Creating projects

• 21 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

In the miro dashboard you can group boards into projects.

How do I add a project and then add the board to a project?

7 replies

I figured out how to create a Board in a Project. It’s not documented in the API docs, but after inspecting how the Miro webapp creates boards I was able to figure it out.

Basically, you just have to make a POST request to https://api.miro.com/v1/boards endpoint and pass accountId, title, projectId, and sendNotification as query parameters.

YMMV

I’m working on a Miro app to automate the creation of Miro Boards for our 3 Amigos meetings. I’d like to keep all the boards in a “3 Amigos” Project. We currently use a single Miro board with a Frame per story.

Currently, the API doesn’t support creating Frames nor creating a Board inside a Project.   

When will Projects be added to the API? I just need to create a board in an existing Project.

Alternately, when will the API support creation of Frames?

Badge

any news on this? creating a project via API would also be a highly needed feature for us!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Daniela Gavidia , any update on the timing for this?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Robin Vessey 

Miro does not have a public Roadmap for API/SDK right now. We have discussed this internally and might add this in the future, but not just yet.

About the 1000 widget limit, this is an issue with pagination that the API team is aware of and will be fixed in the next release of the API. I cannot give you a timeline for release, unfortunately, but it is an issue that has been reported in the past and will be addressed.

Kind regards.

Daniela

Userlevel 1

Thanks Daniela, so I’m guessing the Miro team don’t actually use the Rest API themselves then.

Is there a published Miro Rest API roadmap with expected timeframes for various features?

This feature is one, the other would be the hard limit of 1000 widgets (https://developers.miro.com/reference#get-board-widgets-1) in the GET widgets call.

We will be creating boards with more than 1000 widgets fairly soon.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello Robin,

At the moment, our API does not offer endpoints to create projects. Unfortunately, it is not possible to create a project and add a board to it programmatically just yet. This is something that has been requested in the past and we might add in future releases of the API.

Kind regards.

Daniela