Read-only keys

Badge

I’m trying to define a set of sticky notes for our internal use. To get all specific sticky inserted I need to identify them with an unique key. I can’t find a sticky prop to save it (like a metadata o similar); I’ve tried to use tag but it is modificable and it  hasn't any readonly information to do this (as sticky props). Have you any idea?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @MasBar,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and great question. 

Have you considered storing the unique ID returned for sticky_notes by the GET Sticky Notes or GET Items API endpoints? You could consider storing this in a backend. At the moment, we don’t have an item/widget level metadata option, though it’s something our product team is actively exploring.

Let me know if this helps—thanks!
Will​​​​​​​

Badge

Thanks for the feedback.

I would not like to save data to backoffice: I'd like to have all information in my miro board :-D. If I create my app with web sdk I'd like to identify a particular stycky by some unique information (I create it if not present). For example an other idea for me whould be to have a readonly tag (not updatable) to associate to sticky. In this case I could find stycky with that tag, but no one should be able to change it

Max

Badge

An other solution could be to have "fields" prop into sticky note widget (as appcard have):  I could use it to insert a unique identify token

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks for the additional context, @MasBar, this is a great suggestion. 

While we don’t support this for the moment, I’ve gone ahead and shared this feedback directly with our product team for further consideration. We’ll see if this is something we might be able to support—you can follow along with our roadmap here as well, to keep tabs on this. 😀