Own Apps not shown up

Badge +1

Our Apps are not show up on the board via the panel even if they are installed.

What to do?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marcus Bindseil -

How many app icons are currently showing up in your toolbar? If you have more than twelve, the remaining ones would be in the apps popout panel.

Are you able to post a Loom video or a few screenshots showing which apps you are referring to?

Kiron

Badge +1

no, that’s not the case. All of our own Apps are not showing up even after re-installation ...

Badge +1

I am having the same issue. I was able to view the app yesterday. Today, I cannot see the app. I tried to reinstall and have  no luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Marcus Bindseil & @saraTom - I think what needs to be established first is what apps you are referring to. For example, are these standard/approved apps that are listed on the Miro Marketplace? If so, which ones?

Or, are these custom apps that were developed for your organization? If so, perhaps the app code source system is down/offline.

Badge +1

@Robert Johnson It is a custom app. I have hosted it locally, and it is working fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson It is a custom app. I have hosted it locally, and it is working fine.

What happens if you put the app on an external service, e.g., glitch.com?

Badge +1

@Robert Johnson I tried to point dummy glitch react project - https://opaque-quasar-ticket.glitch.me in miro. I cannot see my custom app

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Marcus Bindseil @saraTom,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’re actively looking into this and we will follow up here shortly.

Badge +1

Hi @Marcus Bindseil @saraTom,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’re actively looking into this and we will follow up here shortly.

Thank You!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Marcus Bindseil @Sara tom,

This is still being looked into internally, but it seems it might be related to apps that aren't subscribed to the icon:click event.

As a workaround in the meantime, if you add icon click to your app, I believe you should see these apps appear in the toolbar as expected:
https://developers.miro.com/docs/add-icon-click-to-your-app

Badge

Hey @Will Bishop !

We have talked previously on Discord, Marcus and I are working on the same application(s).
Thank you for the suggestion, I looked into our app and we have the following in there:

async function init() {
miro.board.ui.on("icon:click", async () => {
await miro.board.ui.openPanel({
url: "app.html",
})
})

getAccessKeys()
}

init()

Could it be solved if the subscription was in the global scope, instead of the function scope?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Daniel Varga

This snippet should do the trick—as long as the app is subscribed to this event. I assume this is the case, but you have double checked that the app is loading? Perhaps you can try putting some console.log inside that init() function just to be sure

Badge +1

@Will Bishop - I am not able to get it working still.. Please see the git repo of my app - https://github.com/SarithaMathai/MiroPOC

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Sara tom thank you for confirming. I’ve raised it back with the team and we will continue to investigate. 

Badge

I was having the same issue, for me the problem was that the Browser was blocking the HTTP request to fetch the app. After disabling the Browser automatic security features, the app showed up. I imagine an AdBlock/uBlock extension or similar might also cause issues here.