Answered

Mindmap meets spreadsheet

Hi Everyone,

I really enjoy using Miro, although there is one thing that I do often and rather than using various apps would love to do within Miro.

everything starts with a mindmap for me, but early on in the process I need to run basic simulations and would love the ability to use a cell within a shape as spreadsheet cell ( ie be able to enter basic formulas to then see the impact on the whole project of funnel )

For a simple example 

top node has a title and a cell which is a variable ( eg invoice amount in )

a few child nodes have each a title and a cell which i assign a formula ( show 15% of top node here )

finally child node with resulting profit

etc

is this doable ?

icon

Best answer by Max Harper 14 July 2020, 00:07

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Chris Marques -

Definitely nothing out of the box - you can export a mind map to a CSV but it is just a flat list of the nodes. Something like this would likely involve custom development.

You could consider adding it as a wish list idea following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Chris Marques 

I know what you’re describing … this is a very attractive vision of what Miro could do. Hopefully at some point…    Its not a feature set now - BUT-  one could absolutely build this with Miro SDK. Happy to describe more if you’re interested in learning what that would look like. Feel free to DM me. 

Max

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Chris MarquesI am working on a Miro plugin that may be able to do this - check out my demo video

Badge +1

Awesome! Are you able to overcome the limitation of retrieving no more than 1000 objects of the board via API? Which, considering two nodes and a link between them are stored as three separate objects makes it even more limiting 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Andriy Zhylenko perhaps! the app reads from the board and not from the rest API so it may be fine. Do you have a template for a board with more than 1000 objects I can test on?

for exploring and running marketing funnels that would be huge. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Andriy Zhylenko we introduced pagination in the new version of the API. It is in beta but you can test it here. It should solve the issue of not being able to retrieve more than 1000 items.

Badge +1

Awe

@Andriy Zhylenko we introduced pagination in the new version of the API. It is in beta but you can test it here. It should solve the issue of not being able to retrieve more than 1000 items.

Awesome, thank you!

Badge +1

@Andriy Zhylenkoperhaps! the app reads from the board and not from the rest API so it may be fine. Do you have a template for a board with more than 1000 objects I can test on?

Sorry it took my longer to finish my import script (I was excited that API v2 would allow me to retrieve all the items, but looks like it is not yet stable enough). Here is the board I am talking about:

Badge +1

Tried it, v2 API fails to return items (widgets) on MindMap (API v1 works fine on the same board). Shame :-(

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

You are right, Mindmap is not supported yet. 

This is on our roadmap