Answered

Export button not available

I am not able to see the export icon in my miro board in the top left corner, someone please help me

icon

Best answer by Max Harper 29 March 2021, 20:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Sathia  
I can confirm the “export” is not available on board in a “Developer Team”.  Fortunately, you should be able to copy and paste all board content into your regular team and then export from there. 

Here is a shot from my dev team board. No export button. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sathia - The watermark indicates that you set up and developer team as per the Miro Developers Platform documentation.

The export feature does not appear to be an option for the developer team. Here is a screenshot of a board I own in my development team and the export option is not present:

However, to confirm this, I will move this post to the Developer Platform and APIs category and we’ll see if someone there chimes in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sathia -

Are you the owner of this board or has someone shared it with you? If the latter, this might be due to content permissions on the team or board within the team…

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale,

I have created and owner of the board. Even I have created a fresh board also, there also I didn’t see the export button. I am in the free account, is it the reason I am facing this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sathia -

That shouldn’t be the cause - as you can see from my screenshot below which is taken from a free account I have. How are you accessing Miro?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale, I am accessing from miro.com/app/dashboard

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sathia -

What I meant was whether you were using a browser or the Miro desktop app. It sounds like you are using a browser - can you confirm which one and whether it is supported as per Miro’s supported browser list here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572814-Supported-Browsers

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale, I am using chrome latest version. I dont know, what wrong in my account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sathia -

My only suggestion would be to clear your browser cache, stop & restart it and then try to access the board again. If that doesn’t work, I’d recommend opening a Miro support request here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=community

Kiron

@Max Harper  and @Robert Johnson ,

Thank you for the solution, yes you are correct. As you mentioned, the Developer team board has this feature disabled. May I know, how to enable the export button on the Developer team board?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sathia -

As @Max Harper indicated, the feature itself is not available for developer boards. Your best option will be to open a new board in a regular (i.e. non-development) team, select all the content in the development team board, copy it and then paste it into the new board in your non-development team.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sathia - This is not something you can configure. I suspect there are a number of reasons Miro has chosen to disable this, e.g.,

• As the content is only for testing reasons, it is considered a waste of server resources to be processing PDF and image creation
  • Because the board content is coming from testing/development, it may act unexpectedly should someone export the board content (.rtb) and import it into a production environment.
  • A number of the other options available in the export feature (Google Drive, Save to template, etc.) are not intended to be used in a test environment, and the development being done is only for objects on the board and not those integrations.

As @Max Harper mentioned, you will need to copy-and-paste content to a board that is not in a development team.

If you do have a use case in mind for having the export feature available in a dev team board, 

However, if you fee that idea doesn’t truly reflect what you are looking to accomplish, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

@Kiron Bondale ,

I have integrated miro app with my application, non-development boards can’t able to load in my application. I should go, development board, that’s why I am asking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Sathia

I will be interested to learn why you can’t copy content from board of development team into board of another team and export from there. 

Even if you must have your app installed to a team whose boards you can export from and export… -> 
You can install plugins you develop into teams other than your development team. They can be installed beyond a ‘developer team.’ 

happy to demonstrate that if it would help you :)