DOMException: Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'Window': Response object could not be cloned.

• 16 September 2021
  • 2 replies

When using `Editable boards for not registered users`, when I click on “Create Board”, I am getting an alert message saying “miro.com says Something went wrong” and in my console I get 2 errors

`DOMException: Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'Window': Response object could not be cloned.`
`Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'Window': Response object could not be cloned.`

It works fine for users that have already registered with Miro. I have attached the necessary screenshots below.

Error when clicking on “Create Board”
Code for opening the board picker

2 replies

Hi @Anthony Roux,

I tried sending a string and it is working fine. It is indeed an unhandled exception. I spent a lot of time figuring out the problem because of this unhandled exception. Please look into this.

Regards,

Gaurav Yadav

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Gaurav Yadav,

The error message seems to come from the getTokenFromServer() method. It looks like there is an unhandled exception coming from this method.

Could you try to just return a string in getTokenFromServer() to confirm it comes from there?