Change app title dynamically inside code

• 22 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Miro Developers and Miro Community

The app I’m developing (Miro SDK, React.js project) has multiple screens and I would like to change the app’s title, according to the selected screen.

Sadly, there seems to be no option for that in the miro sdk, since the title is always chosen from the app settings.

My first idea was to access and change the title via parent.document, since it worked out in the browser web tools, but this has some permission issues.

• Uncaught DOMException: Permission denied to access property "document" on cross-origin object

Now I am wondering, did I miss something?

Is there a way from the REST API or the Miro SDK? Or is there some other workarounds to access the title outside the iframe?

Best Regards

Vladimir

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Vladimir B. Someone from Miro platform will give you a definite answer… but, as another platform user/dev, I can tell you, that I’ve never seen any support in V2 for changing the plugin title programmatically. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @Vladimir B. 

Interesting case! Let me see if I get your use case correctly:

You want to be able to change the title of the panel, not the app name itself?

This is not possible at the moment, since the app is rendered in an iframe and (for security reasons) you cant alter anything outside that iframe.

Changing the App title programmatically would also change it in the app settings and thus in the marketplace, which will make it impossible to find your app again. Also the app title is a shared thing, not per user.

Hope you can make your app do what you want in another way, feel free to contact us if you need any help!

Cheers,
Mettin Parzinski

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the quick response to my question.

Too bad. Then I would have to come up with something else regarding the UI.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, do let me know when your app is published!