apple pencil only drawing

• 17 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

So I’ve been using Miro with my Apple Pencil on my iPad for a while and have experienced no issues, however now I cannot do anything with my Apple Pencil other than draw on my whiteboards. I can’t move anything about or select anything with my Apple Pencil. I’ve switched off the “only drawing” selection in my settings so it’s not that haha.

does anyone have the solution to this ?

6 replies

Badge

Hi Millie, 

Thank you for posting your feedback.  I work at Miro on the drawing experience, and I would love to setup a call to discuss this feedback and ask a range of questions to get a better understanding of the problem, the current solutions and the ideal solution for you.  

Would you have time to jump on a call for 30 minutes?  If so please book a slot here https://calendly.com/warwickkay/30min

Thank you, 
Warwick 

Badge

@Warwick Kay  - I’d add that the Windows stylus works similarly to Apple Pencil in that it only has the simple Draw ability. 

My Dell Active pen with a Dell Latitude cannot engage with Miro and take advantage of the button features.  So when I’m in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc. I can simultaneously draw on my touchscreen and quickly ERASE or LASSO pen marks/objects by just using the Active Pen’s buttons.

But in Miro I’m stuck with the very simple UX of having to point/draw/click with my Active Pen just like it was my finger or mouse pointer.

Miro would be a Killer App if you could engage with the Apple and Windows OS in an integrated fashion!

Tom

So I’ve been using Miro with my Apple Pencil on my iPad for a while and have experienced no issues, however now I cannot do anything with my Apple Pencil other than draw on my whiteboards. I can’t move anything about or select anything with my Apple Pencil. I’ve switched off the “only drawing” selection in my settings so it’s not that haha.

does anyone have the solution to this ?

Hi @Millie Millie,

may I ask, what is the solution for this? Or maybe @Warwick Kay? Because I am facing the same problem - and the use before, where one could do everything with the pencil, was much more convenient in my opinion.

Kind regards,
Tim

Hi! I have the same problem. I cannot do anything with my Apple Pencil other than draw on my whiteboards. I can’t move anything about or select anything with my Apple Pencil. What I should do ?

Badge

Hi @ValeryLikholetova @TimfromITA 

You can disable drawing by default from the preferences menu on the board.  

on any device with an active stylus (iPad, Android tablet etc), you can go, to the the settings menu (near the title) when you’re on a board, then preferences and disable ‘Only draw with Stylus’ function.

Thanks a lot @Warwick Kay , it works! 💪